Sangma to campaign in Odisha July 15July 6th, 2012 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, July 6 (IANS) Opposition candidate P.A. Sangma will visit Odisha July 15 to campaign for the presidential election, a leader of the state’s ruling Biju Janata Dal, which is supporting him, said Friday.
The former Lok Sabha speaker will meet legislators and MPs of the BJD.
“We have asked all our MPs and MLAs (legislators) to remain present on that day,” BJD vice president Damodar Rout told IANS.
BJD chief and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was the first to announce support for Sangma in May for country’s top post.
Patnaik was also the first to sign as a proposer on Sangma’s nomination papers. The BJD has 108 members in the state’s 147-member assembly, 14 members in the Lok Sabha and seven in Rajya Sabha.
- Patnaik leaves for Delhi to back Sangma - Jun 27, 2012
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik is Sangma's proposer for president's poll (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Presidential election: Sangma's son meets Patnaik - Jun 26, 2012
- Pranab in Odisha to seek support - Jul 11, 2012
- Pranab to campaign in Odisha July 11 - Jul 01, 2012
- Congress, BJD trade charges over presidential election - Jul 01, 2012
- Pranab hopeful of Mamata's support (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- BJD backs Sangma for president - May 17, 2012
- Patnaik accuses Pranab of buying support - Jul 02, 2012
- BJD to continue supporting Sangma for presidency - Jun 16, 2012
- People taking interest in presidential poll: Sangma (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- A tribal should occupy Raisina Hill: Naveen Patnaik - Jun 21, 2012
- BJD to abstain in vice-presidential poll - Aug 05, 2012
- BJD to continue supporting Sangma for presidency (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
Tags: bhubaneswar, bjd, chief minister, damodar, legislators, Lok Sabha, member assembly, mps, nomination papers, odisha, opposition candidate, presidential election, rajya sabha, rout, vice president