Sangma seeks poll panel’s intervention on Pranab complaintJuly 7th, 2012 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 7 (IANS) Dissatisfied with the rejection of his complaint against UPA presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee, Purno Sangma Saturday approached the Election Commission and also raked up fresh charges against the former finance minister.
Sangma, on a campaign tour, was represented by his supporters including Bharatiya Janata Party lawyer Satpal Jain, election agent and Biju Janata Dal MP Bhartuhari Mahtab, and Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy.
The delegation gave a representation against the returning officer’s rejection of their complaint against Mukherjee.
They have been given time till Monday by the Election Commission to make a written submission on the allegations they have levelled against Mukherjee.
Swamy told reporters that Mukherjee also held two more offices of profit — as vice president of the Birbhum Institute of Engineering and Technology and as chairman of Rabindra Bharti Society, which runs the Rabindra Bharti University.
The delegation, Swamy said, met Chief Election Commissioner V.S. Sampath.
“Here the issue is of fraud. Let the EC decide on whether there is a fraud in the nomination process. Let the EC take the final decision,” he said.
The delegation also raised their earlier complaint that Mukherjee’s resignation as chairman of the Kolkata-based Indian Statistical Institute was fabricated.
–Indo–Asian News Service
- Team Sangma gives poll panel proof against Mukherjee - Jul 09, 2012
- Give details to Sangma, says poll panel on Pranab order (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- BJP dissociates itself from Sangma's petition plan (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sangma gives proof against Mukherjee, centre debunks it (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Cancel Pranab's candidature, says Sangma; ISI says Mukherjee quit July 20 (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Cancel Pranab's candidature, says Sangma; ISI says Mukherjee quit June 20 (Second Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Team Sangma to approach poll panel against Pranab's nomination (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Purno Sangma to file election petition Tuesday - Aug 18, 2012
- Cancel Pranab's candidature, says Sangma; Congress dismisses allegation (Third Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Poll panel rejects Sangma's plea against Pranab (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Can't forge signature, says Pranab; Team Sangma to move court (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sangma's team keeps option of moving apex court open - Jul 22, 2012
- Poll panel rejects Sangma's plea against Pranab (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Give details to Sangma, says poll panel on Pranab order - Jul 05, 2012
- Bengal institutions deny Team Sangma's allegation - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: asian news, campaign tour, chief election commissioner, delegation, election agent, election commission, final decision, finance minister, indian statistical institute, kolkata, mahtab, ncb, pranab mukherjee, presidential nominee, purno, rejection, resignation, returning officer, subramanian swamy, vd