Sangma lashes out at Mukherjee, KhurshidJuly 10th, 2012 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 10 (IANS) Purno Sagma, the presidential candidate of the BJP, BJD, AIADMK and several other parties, Tuesday lashed out at UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee, terming him a “failed” finance minister, and at union Law Minister Salman Khurshid, saying he deserved to be sacked for his comments on the government.
Calling Mukherjee as the “failed” finance minister, he said the Rashtrapati Bhavan was being used as a “dumping ground” for him (Mukherjee).
“Raisina Hill is being used as a dumping ground for the failed finance minister,” Sangma told reporters during a visit to Mumbai to meet Bharatiya Janata Party legislators.
He also took potshots at Khurshid’s statements on the government having no direction and said it was completely uncalled for.
“How can he say something like that? If I would have been prime minister, then I would have sacked him,” Sangma said.
Khurshid’s statements on the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government and Rahul Gandhi had sparked off a political storm, with the minister saying that the UPA government was directionless and the Congress general secretary needed to take up more responsibility in the government.
- I will win: Sangma (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Syndicate could turn tables on Pranab: Sangma (Interview) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sonia to host lunch for UPA, supporting parties before presidential poll - Jul 13, 2012
- Sangma to meet BJP legislators in Lucknow Wednesday - Jul 10, 2012
- Determined to contest, Sangma quits NCP (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Sangma quits NCP, set to take on Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 20, 2012
- Sangma meets Mamata; fails to get commitment on support (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Sangma gets fewer votes in Meghalaya; none in Nagaland, Kerala - Jul 22, 2012
- Consensus growing in favour of Pranab (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- BJD, AIADMK back Sangma for presidency (Intro Roundup) - May 17, 2012
- 'Sangma's resignation act of frustration' - Jun 21, 2012
- BJD, AIADMK back Sagma for president (Roundup) - May 17, 2012
- India to elect new president Thursday - Jul 18, 2012
- Pranab named for president, trips Mamata with wide support (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2012
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
Tags: aiadmk, bjp, dumping ground, finance minister, general secretary, janata party, khurshid, lashes, legislators, political storm, pranab mukherjee, presidential candidate, prime minister, progressive alliance, purno, rahul gandhi, raisina hill, rashtrapati bhavan, salman, union law minister