Sangma dodges questions on daughter’s vote in presidential pollsJuly 10th, 2012 - 8:40 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, July 10 (IANS) Opposition presidential candidate P.A. Sangma Tuesday dodged questions on whom his daughter and central minister Agatha Sangma would vote for in the July 19 election.
“The elections are not held on a party basis. Agatha is a twice-elected parliamentarian, she can take her own decisions,” Sangma told reporters here.
He was in Panaji, as part of his nationwide tour to canvas votes for his presidential campaign.
Sangma, who left his Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) prior to jumping in the presidential race, is being supported by the Bharatiya Janata Party and some sections of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) as well as the AIADMK and the Biju Janata Dal.
Agatha Sangma is minister of state for rural development, and still in the NCP.
- Sangma is candidate of communal forces: NCP (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Agatha Sangma skips third event in 10 days to avoid media - Jun 30, 2012
- Many BSP, JD-U members supporting me: Sangma - Jul 10, 2012
- My father has quit NCP, says Sangma's son - Jun 20, 2012
- Presidential poll: Sangma hopeful of win, Trinamool support - Jul 15, 2012
- Sangma seeks support, not many takers (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Sangma is candidate of communal forces: NCP - Jun 21, 2012
- Sangma pushes himself for president - May 22, 2012
- Sangma quits NCP, set to take on Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 20, 2012
- NCP cautions Sangma, says he will withdraw (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Meghalaya CM urges coalition partners not to support Sangma - Jul 06, 2012
- 'P.A. Sangma does not represent tribals' - Jul 02, 2012
- NCP cautions Sangma, hints of action - Jun 16, 2012
- Sonia to host lunch for UPA, supporting parties before presidential poll - Jul 13, 2012
- India to elect new president Thursday - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,