Sangma allocates portfolios to ministersApril 26th, 2010 - 12:00 am ICT by IANS
Shillong, April 25 (IANS) Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul M. Sangma has allocated portfolios among his council of ministers, keeping the finance, planning, commerce and industries departments with himself, an official statement said Sunday.
The portfolios were allotted through a notification Saturday, the statement said.
United Democratic Party (UDP) leader and Deputy Chief Minister Bindo Mathew Lanong will look after mining and geology, animal husbandry, sports and youth affairs, law and re-organisation.
Lanong’s party colleague John Antonious Lyngdoh was allotted secretariat administration, social welfare, election and printing and stationery.
Independent legislator Abu Taher Mondal was handle power, excise, transport and information and public relations.
Sangma, who was sworn-in chief minister April 20, allocated health and family welfare, labour, parliamentary affairs, home (passport) and administrative reforms to the other Deputy Chief Minister Rowel Lyngdoh, who is from the Congress.
Among the other ministers - all from the Congress - M. Ampareen Lyngdoh, the lone woman legislator in the 60-member house, was given education and tourism, H.D.R. Lyngdoh retained home (police), public works department (roads) and district council affairs and R.C. Laloo was allotted revenue and disaster management, forests and environment, sericulture and weaving, soil and water conservation.
Prestone Tynsong will look after general administration, public health engineering, science and technology and municipal administration.
Community and rural development, water resources and cooperation departments were allotted to Congress’ Frankenstein W. Momin.
Augustine D. Marak was given food and civil supplies, home (jails, civil defence and home guards), while Founder Strong Cajee will look after urban affairs and fisheries.
- Sangma allocates portfolios to ministers - Jun 08, 2011
- Congress finalises list of ministers for Meghalaya - Apr 23, 2010
- Sangma expands ministry, inducts eight - Apr 24, 2010
- Stability of government depends on good governance: Sangma (Lead) - Apr 25, 2010
- Sangma to expand ministry Saturday - Apr 22, 2010
- Sangma heads to New Delhi to finalise his team - Apr 21, 2010
- Tynsong is new Meghalaya forests minister - Aug 04, 2011
- Sangma reshuffles cabinet, drops three senior ministers - Jun 07, 2011
- Sacked Meghalaya minister re-inducted - Aug 02, 2011
- Tynsong to return to Sangma cabinet - Aug 01, 2011
- Congress distances from Meghalaya minister's remarks - Mar 09, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi rules out leadership change in Meghalaya (Lead) - Jul 08, 2011
- Four Meghalaya legislators demand Sangma's resignation - Jul 08, 2011
- Meghalaya ministers to review situation in Karnataka, Maharashtra - Aug 24, 2012
- Meghalaya says Karnataka, Maharashtra are normal now - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: administration community, administrative reforms, animal husbandry, antonious, council affairs, deputy chief minister, disaster management, family welfare, laloo, lone woman, marak, momin, mondal, municipal administration, public health engineering, rowel, sericulture, social welfare, soil and water, soil and water conservation