Sanctions benefited Iran, says KhameneiFebruary 3rd, 2012 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Feb 3 (IANS) Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said during Friday prayers that Western sanctions have helped the country realise its potential.
Khamenei’s comments in Tehran were broadcast live by the state TV, Xinhua reported.
He said sanctions against Iran have helped develop the country’s potentials.
Iran’s military and nuclear technological advancements have made the country came under diverse sanction pressures, Khamenei said.
The US and the European Union recently embargoed Iran’s oil exports.
- Iran wants n-talks in Istanbul - Mar 30, 2012
- NAM summit opens in Tehran - Aug 30, 2012
- Nothing can convince Iran to halt n-plans: Russian analysts - Feb 23, 2012
- Iran eyes n-fuel to power ships - Jul 18, 2012
- US under illusion that sanctions are affecting Iran: Khamenei - Mar 09, 2012
- Iran not pursuing n-arms, says Khamenei - Feb 22, 2012
- Iran ready to hold nuclear talks: Minister - Sep 09, 2012
- Iran threatens legal action over oil embargo - Jul 05, 2012
- Obama's secret message: Iran can have civilian n-programme - Apr 07, 2012
- Iran may stop Europe oil exports - Jan 26, 2012
- Iran to 'powerfully' respond to a US attack - Nov 10, 2011
- Iran unveils nuclear achievements, cuts oil exports (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- IAEA inspectors barred from Iranian military site (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- We don't need to sell oil to Europe: Ahmadinejad - Jan 27, 2012
- Egypt to continue transporting Iran oil - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: ali khamenei, ayatollah ali khamenei, european union, iranian supreme leader, oil exports, prayers, sanction, sanctions against iran, state tv, supreme leader ayatollah, supreme leader ayatollah ali khamenei, technological advancements, tehran, western sanctions, xinhua