Samjawadi Party legislator arrested in minister attack caseFebruary 8th, 2011 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Feb 8 (IANS) A Samajwadi Party (SP) legislator, who was wanted in the attack on Uttar Pradesh minister Nand Gopal ‘Nandi’, has been arrested after eluding police for months, an official said here Tuesday.”Vijay Mishra, who carried a reward of Rs.2.5 lakh for his capture, was arrested by a team of Special Task Force (STF) Tuesday from the Hauz Khas area of Delhi,” Additional Director General (Law and Order) Brij Lal told reporters here.
While Nandi was injured in the bomb explosion that took place outside his house in Allahabad July 12 last year, two people including an Indian Express reporter were killed.
Mishra represents the Gyanpur seat in Uttar Pradesh’s Bhadohi district.
- Reward for two behind bomb attack on minister - Jul 29, 2010
- Reward for absconding Samajwadi Party legislator - Oct 18, 2010
- Key accused in bomb attack on minister held - Aug 03, 2010
- SP legislator booked for manufacturing moonshine - Apr 26, 2010
- Five detained in Allahabad blast case - Jul 13, 2010
- Samajwadi Party seeks CBI probe into Allahabad blast - Jul 17, 2010
- Jailed legislator embarrasses Akhilesh government again - Jul 11, 2012
- No headway in Allahabad blast probe - Jul 14, 2010
- 56 Uttar Pradesh assembly seats to go to polls Wednesday - Feb 14, 2012
- Samajwadi Party urges governor to protect its legislator - Nov 01, 2010
- Mayawati planning to get Samajwadi legislator killed: Mulayam - Oct 26, 2010
- One killed in Allahabad blast (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2010
- Samajwadi Party leader behind attack on minister: Police - Jul 15, 2010
- Allahabad bomb blast accused sent to police custody - Jul 22, 2010
- RDX-petrol mix used in Uttar Pradesh blast - Jul 16, 2010