Samantha Cameron quits her jobMay 14th, 2010 - 12:51 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 14 (IANS) Samantha Cameron, wife of British Prime Minister David Cameron, has quit her job and says its a decision she had been “considering for some time”.
Samantha, 39, who is five months pregnant, has stepped down as creative director of Smythson luxury goods. She now plans to work two days a week as consultant for the firm, Daily Express reported Friday.
She said it was a decision she “had been considering for some time”.
David Cameron became prime minister after the Tories struck a deal with Liberal Democrats. Voters had thrown up the country’s first hung parliament since 1974 after Conservatives were 20 short of a majority in the 650-seat House of Commons.
Cameron’s personal life took a tragic turn with the death of his disabled six-year-old son, Ivan, last year.
He and Samantha have a daughter, Nancy Gwen, and a son, Arthur. The couple are expecting their fourth child in September.
- David Cameron, friend of India, could be new British PM - May 07, 2010
- Samantha Cameron to discover new level of fame as Britain's new "first lady" - May 12, 2010
- British PM thought wife was killed in 9/11 attack - Sep 11, 2011
- David Cameron's father dies during French holiday (Second Lead) - Sep 08, 2010
- Our baby kicks like Beckham: David Cameron - Aug 19, 2010
- British prime minister's wife gives birth to baby girl - Aug 24, 2010
- Cameron's 'secret weapon' SamCam to miss India visit - Jul 09, 2010
- Camerons name baby after village - Aug 26, 2010
- David Cameron, Tory moderniser, ends 13-year Labour era (Profile) - May 12, 2010
- Samantha Cameron is a fashion icon: Carla Bruni - Jun 28, 2010
- British opposition leader's son dies - Feb 25, 2009
- Carla-Bruni- Sarkozy says Brit PM's wife has a 'maverick' style - Jun 28, 2010
- David Cameron and wife Samantha christen daughter Florence - Mar 05, 2011
- David Cameron gets the politics question wrong in school quiz - Feb 19, 2011
- Samantha Cameron talks of 'devastation' of losing a child - Mar 30, 2011
Tags: british prime minister, conservatives, creative director, daily express, daughter nancy, david cameron, five months, gwen, house of commons, ivan, liberal democrats, london, luxury goods, minister david, parliament, personal life, samantha, son arthur, time david, tories