‘Samajwadi Party will get full majority in UP’February 10th, 2012 - 10:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 10 (IANS) Ahead of the second phase of assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh, Samajwadi Party leader Mohan Singh said Friday the party will get a majority in the 403-member house.
“We will win at least 235 seats,” Rajya Sabha MP Mohan Singh told IANS.
Asked if party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav or his son Akhilesh Yadav will be the chief minister, Singh said: “The decision will be taken by the party.”
The second phase of polling in Uttar Pradesh will be held Saturday across 59 seats in nine eastern districts. The seven- phased election will conclude March 3.
The Samajwadi Party is making a determined bid to come back to power in the state and has promised sops to various sections in its poll manifesto.
The party had won 143 seats in 2002 assembly polls but its tally came down to 97 in the 2007 elections.
- Dimple Yadav to contest from Kannauj? - Mar 15, 2012
- Akhilesh becomes UP chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- At 38, Akhilesh to be UP's youngest chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav to be UP chief minister (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Mulayam Singh will be UP chief minister: Akhilesh (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Hung assembly, Samajwadi Party to be largest party: Exit polls (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Dimple Yadav to launch second political innings Tuesday - Jun 04, 2012
- Akhilesh sworn in as UP chief minister (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav: From football, movies to crown of UP politics (Profile) - Mar 10, 2012
- Everyone supported us, cautious Mulayam says - Mar 05, 2012
- I won't be UP chief minister: Akhilesh - Mar 06, 2012
- Mulayam will bring back 'gunda raj': Mayawati - Feb 19, 2012
- Akhilesh steals show in contest of young campaigners (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Jairam hopes Akhilesh brings in good governance to UP - Mar 10, 2012