Samajwadi Party seeks CBI probe into Allahabad blastJuly 17th, 2010 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 17 (IANS) The Samajwadi Party (SP) Saturday demanded a federal probe into the Allahabad blast and accused Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati of “implicating” party leaders in the incident which left one dead and five injured, including a minister.
Senior SP leader Shivpal Yadav here Saturday demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) inquiry into the case and said: “Owing to her political rivalry, she (Mayawati) is falsely implicating SP leaders in the case.”
“Let truth prevail… Everything will come to the fore if a CBI enquiry is ordered into the case,” Yadav told reporters at a press-conference.
“Actually, Bahujan Samaj Party men themselves were involved in the bomb attack, which was a fall out of their internal rivalry to amass more and more money and property through illegal means,” he alleged.
State Minister for Finance (Stamps and Registrations) Nand Gopal Gupta alias Nandi was critically injured in the bomb blast which took place July 12 afternoon near the minister’s house in Mutthiganj locality of Allahabad.
According to police, the attack on the minister was planned by Dilip Mishra, a local SP leader, who is block pramukh (chief) of Chaka block (of Allahabad district).
Police have also charged SP legislator Vijay Mishra, who represents the Bhadohi constituency, with criminal conspiracy in the case.
Earlier Saturday, Mayawati described the minister’s assailants as “close associates” of Samajwadi Party’s criminal-turned-legislator Vijay Mishra.
Mayawati said: “It is an open secret that Vijay Mishra’s kin Dilip Mishra beat up Nandi whom they wanted forced out of the election fray.”
- Allahabad bomb blast accused sent to police custody - Jul 22, 2010
- Reward for two behind bomb attack on minister - Jul 29, 2010
- Mayawati blames Allahabad blast on opposition - Jul 17, 2010
- Mayawati planning to get Samajwadi legislator killed: Mulayam - Oct 26, 2010
- Key accused in bomb attack on minister held - Aug 03, 2010
- Samajwadi Party urges governor to protect its legislator - Nov 01, 2010
- Jailed legislator embarrasses Akhilesh government again - Jul 11, 2012
- Samajwadi Party leader behind attack on minister: Police - Jul 15, 2010
- Samjawadi Party legislator arrested in minister attack case - Feb 08, 2011
- Reward for absconding Samajwadi Party legislator - Oct 18, 2010
- Key accused in Allahabad blast surrenders in court - Aug 07, 2010
- UP to withdraw cases slapped against farmers - Aug 22, 2012
- SP legislator booked for manufacturing moonshine - Apr 26, 2010
- BSP, SP have tacit understanding with Congress: BJP - Nov 11, 2011
- Injured Uttar Pradesh minister recovering well - Jul 24, 2010
Tags: assailants, bomb attack, bomb blast, cbi inquiry, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, close associates, criminal conspiracy, dilip, district police, election fray, federal probe, gopal gupta, internal rivalry, Mayawati, nandi, party men, political rivalry, state minister, vijay mishra