Samajwadi Party leader, his supporters join BSPApril 17th, 2009 - 1:34 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 17 (IANS) Samajwadi Party Rajya Sabha MP Banwari Lal Kanchal and his supporters Friday joined the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) here in the presence of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and party chief Mayawati.
Kanchal, who is the chief of Uttar Pradesh Udyog Vyapar Pratinidhi Mandal - the traders’ wing of the Samajwadi Party - told reporters that he decided to join the BSP after finding his own party oppressing businessmen.
Welcoming Kanchal, Mayawati said her party would do everything in the interest of the business community.
“I assure the business community that our party and our government would continue with its effort for their welfare,” she said.
Mayawati also expressed hope that the new members would reach out to traders and apprise them about the party’s ideology.
- UP traders claim bandh a success, to keep up protests (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Mayawati gives Mulayam yet another jolt (Lead) - Apr 17, 2009
- UP traders to protest 'close at 7 p.m.' order - Jun 18, 2012
- UP jewellers protest duty hike - Mar 31, 2012
- Agra markets join shutdown against FDI in retail - Dec 01, 2011
- Mayawati expels three BSP leaders - Nov 18, 2009
- UP chief minister Mayawati resigns - Mar 07, 2012
- Congress should tie up with BSP: Beni Prasad Verma - Mar 04, 2012
- Traders down shutters to support Hazare - Aug 27, 2011
- Mayawati quits as UP chief minister (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- I hold master key to power, thunders Mayawati (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Rahul-Ajit combo try to whip up magic in Meerut (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Upgrade Mayawati's security, BSP tells Akhilesh - Jul 30, 2012
- Verma's views on alliance with BSP personal: Congress - Mar 04, 2012
- After Mamata blow, UPA turns to 'Netaji' and 'Behenji' - Sep 19, 2012