Samajwadi candidate booked for bribing votersMay 4th, 2009 - 3:06 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 4 (IANS) Anar Singh, the Samajwadi Party Lok Sabha candidate from Hathras in Uttar Pradesh, has been booked for allegedly giving money to voters, police said Monday.
A case has been registered against Anar Singh, a police officer said, adding the incident took place in Salempur village soon after he addressed an election meeting. Hathras is about 300 km from here.
Though the cash was distributed April 5, the case was registered Sunday on the directions of the district administration.
- Principal booked for thrashing student - Jul 22, 2010
- Gangster killed in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 10, 2010
- Jayaprada booked for violating model code of conduct - Apr 29, 2009
- Azharuddin booked for violating poll code - May 09, 2009
- Azharuddin, minister booked for violating poll code of conduct - Nov 04, 2009
- BSP legislator booked for violence in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 12, 2010
- Dimple elected to Lok Sabha unopposed (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Samajwadi Party candidate booked for violating poll code - Apr 28, 2009
- Elections 2012: UP poll battle begins Wednesday - Feb 06, 2012
- Dimple files nomination, plays 'bahu' card - Jun 05, 2012
- Three Lok Sabha candidates booked for poll code violation - Mar 27, 2009
- Four Congress leaders booked for thrashing anti-Rahul protesters - Nov 16, 2011
- Dimple Yadav elected to Lok Sabha unopposed (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- About 50 percent polling in Andhra by-polls (Second Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- One killed in college building collapse - Apr 04, 2011