Sack Raja Bhaiyya from UP cabinet, demands BSPMay 11th, 2012 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 11 (IANS) The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Friday asked Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to drop cabinet colleague Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya as he symbolises the “goonda (goon) raaj” in the state.
BSP state unit chief Swamy Prasad Maurya told reporters that Raja Bhaiyya’s continuance was untenable as a public interest litigation (PIL) was pending against him in the Supreme Court.
Calling Raja Bhaiyya the mastermind in the multi-crore food grain scam during the Mulayam Singh Yadav government in 2003-07, Maurya said now with Samajwadi Party (SP) government back in power with a majority for a full term, he could only wonder how many more scams would take place.
Raja Bhaiyya faces eight criminal cases including one under the now-defunct Prevention of Terrorism Act (POTA).
Inducted into the Akhilesh Yadav cabinet, he holds charge of the prisons and of the food and civil supplies departments. Raja Bhaiya won from Kunda seat of Pratapgarh district.
- Raja Bhaiya dents Akhilesh's clean credentials - Mar 15, 2012
- SP leaders mint money through transfers: BSP - May 25, 2012
- Raja Bhaiya, Samajwadi Party MP arrested for bid on candidate - Dec 19, 2010
- Akhilesh so far, walks in the shadow of Mulayam (News Analysis) - Mar 20, 2012
- All eyes on Lucknow in fourth phase of UP polls - Feb 18, 2012
- BSP man killed as violence continues in UP despite appeals - Mar 10, 2012
- Nominations for fourth phase begin in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 25, 2012
- Raja Bhaiya inspects Lucknow jail, pulls up staff - Mar 24, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav becomes UP's youngest chief minister (Third Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Pandemonium on opening day of Uttar Pradesh assembly budget session - Feb 04, 2011
- Mulayam Singh flays Mayawati for targeting party supporters - Feb 04, 2011
- Legislator booked for assaulting BSP leader - Oct 04, 2011
- Mayawati slams Opposition for disrupting proceedings in UP assembly - Feb 04, 2011
- BSP runs for cover as skeletons tumble out (News Analysis) - May 17, 2012
- Raja Bhaiya orders coolers for prisoners - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: akhilesh yadav, bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, bhaiya, chief minister, continuance, crore, food grain, lucknow, mastermind, maurya, mulayam singh yadav, pil, pratap singh, prevention of terrorism, public interest litigation, raaj, raja, terrorism act, unit chief