Sachin, Rekha add glamour to vice president pollAugust 7th, 2012 - 7:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 7 (IANS) Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar and Bollywood veteran Rekha made a grand entry Tuesday as they walked in to the polling room in Parliament House to cast their votes in the vice presidential election.
As the two, who were nominated to the Rajya Sabha in April this year, entered the room, shutterbugs went into a frenzy, clicking furiously to capture the moment.
Hamid Ansari is all set to be re-elected the country’s 14th vice-president. He held the post 2007-2012.
The vice president is elected by members of an electoral college consisting of members of both houses of parliament in accordance with the system of proportional representation by means of single transferable vote. Nominated members of the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha are also entitled to take part in the election.
- Ansari re-elected vice president (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Voting to elect 14th vice president begins(Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- MPs queue up to vote for vice president (Second Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Vice presidential election Aug 7: Poll panel (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Ansari re-elected vice president with comfortable margin (Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- BJP to field its own vice president candidate - Jul 09, 2012
- Tendulkar, Rekha attend Rajya Sabha session - Aug 08, 2012
- Ansari re-elected vice president with wide margin (Intro Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Presidential fight finalised, focus shifts on Ansari's successor - Jun 23, 2012
- President approves nomination of Sachin, Rekha to Rajya Sabha - Apr 26, 2012
- Rekha takes oath in Rajya Sabha (Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Rekha right behind, so Jaya to swap seat? (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Plea against Tendulkar's Rajya Sabha nomination dismissed (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Ansari files nomination for vice president (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Three cheers for Sachin, Rekha: Bollywood - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: ansari, electoral college, frenzy, glamour, houses of parliament, Lok Sabha, master blaster, New Delhi, parliament, parliament house, poll, presidential election, proportional representation, rajya sabha, single transferable vote, tendulkar, veteran, vice president