Saamna urges warring Thackeray cousins to patch upJune 27th, 2010 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 27 (IANS) Taking a cue from the rapprochement reached between the Ambani brothers, an editorial in Shiv Sena’s mouthpiece Saamna Sunday called upon the feuding Thackeray cousins — Uddhav and Raj — to bury the hatchet.
The editorial appealed to the estranged Thackeray brothers to make truce by following the example of industrialists Mukesh and Anil Ambani, who have recently come together, and join hands for the greater good of Maharashtra.
Raj Thackeray left Shiv Sena in 2005 to form a new party, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS).
Referring to the editorial, senior Sena leader and Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Raut said: “Neither Balasaheb (Bal Thackeray) nor Uddhav would want to play politics by breaking ties of the blood.”
Political circles have been speculating about how the MNS could eat into the Shiv Sena’s traditional vote bank in its bastion, Mumbai, during the 2012 municipal elections.
Moreover, Raj has been cozying with the ruling alliance of Congress and Nationalist Congress Party for the past few months sounding alarm bells in the Shiv Sena camp.
On Saturday, Raj visited Chief Minister Ashok Chavan’s residence ostensibly to discuss the problems being faced by students of Secondary School Certificate (SSC) board and the pending junior college admissions.
The Bombay High Court Wednesday rejected the ‘best five’ formula espoused by the Maharashtra government for admission to Class 11. Consequently, the admission process has been delayed causing problems for students.
- Saamna urges Thackeray cousins to patch up like Ambanis (Lead) - Jun 27, 2010
- BJP, Shiv Sena meet to sort out differences - Mar 13, 2011
- Uddhav Thackeray had chest pain since four days - Jul 17, 2012
- Now, Raj Thackeray also snubs Gopinath Munde - Feb 16, 2011
- Uddhav again demands permit system for Bihari migrants - Sep 04, 2012
- Raj Thackeray warns of riots over anti-Marathi remarks - Nov 03, 2011
- Shiv Sena chief rejects proposal for alliance with MNS - Feb 15, 2011
- Ramdas Athawale's RPI prepares to sup with Shiv Sena, BJP - May 09, 2011
- Balasaheb Thackeray calls for ban on Oz cricket team playing in Maharashtra - Jan 13, 2010
- Uddhav Thackeray to leave hospital Monday - Jul 22, 2012
- Modi ignores Uddhav, says Raj - Sep 21, 2011
- Raj speaks up for estranged uncle Bal Thackeray - Jun 01, 2011
- Uddhav undergoes angioplasty, is 'absolutely fine' - Jul 20, 2012
- Thackeray hits out at Ajit Pawar - Sep 26, 2011
- Uddhav Thackeray discharged after angiography (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: alarm bells, ambani brothers, bal thackeray, bombay high court, chavan, industrialists, maharashtra government, mns, mukesh and anil ambani, municipal elections, nationalist congress party, political circles, raj thackeray, rajya sabha, raut, saamna, secondary school certificate, sena leader, shiv sena, vote bank