Russian communist group want statues of Lenin’s womenMarch 6th, 2009 - 7:42 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, March 6 (RIA Novosti) A St. Petersburg-based communist group Friday said it would raise money to build public statues of communist leader Vladimir Lenin’s wife and mistress.
“Statues of the two beautiful muses of the great revolutionary and founder of the Soviet state should be erected in St. Petersburg, on Lenin Square,” the group said on its website.
The group, notorious for its bizarre initiatives, said a statue of Lenin’s wife Nadezhda Krupskaya should be placed to the right of his statue, and one of his mistress, Inessa Armand, should be on his left.
“The women who won the heart of Vladimir Lenin knew the art of love, were good cooks, maintained cleanliness, and were companionable and house-proud,” the Communists of Petersburg and Leningrad regions said in a statement, adding that Lenin could have fallen in love only with an “outstanding woman”.
The group said it was announcing the fundraising campaign to mark International Women’s Day, celebrated in Russia and several other countries March 8.
The communist group earlier accused the new Bond girl, Ukrainian Olga Kurylenko, of a “moral and intellectual betrayal” in starring in a movie about the “enemy of the Soviet people”. None of their initiatives have yet been successful.
- Russian communist group asks Madonna to sing revolutionary songs - Aug 02, 2009
- Lenin monument vandalised in Russia - Sep 01, 2012
- Should Lenin's body be buried, asks poll (Lead) - Jan 23, 2011
- 'Russians want Lenin removed from Moscow mausoleum' - Jan 24, 2011
- Lenin's body may be removed from Red Square mausoleum: Gorbachev - Jan 21, 2011
- Lenin's statue to be restored in Russia - Apr 01, 2010
- Communists accuse Bond girl Olga Kurylenko of betraying Russia - Oct 31, 2008
- Madonna sued for $10 mn over Russian concert comments - Aug 18, 2012
- Lenin statue blown up in St. Petersburg - Dec 07, 2010
- Russia wants to bury Lenin? - Jan 23, 2011
- Lenin's niece dies aged 89 - Mar 26, 2011
- Half of Russians want Lenin buried: Poll - Jun 14, 2012
- Russia marks 140th anniversary of Lenin's birth - Apr 22, 2010
- Russian painter sews lips to protest - Jul 24, 2012
- Modern Russia gives no money for new suit for Lenin - Apr 22, 2009
Tags: betrayal, communist group, communist leader, communists, cooks, fundraising campaign, international women, lenin square, leningrad, mistress, muses, new bond girl, olga kurylenko, outstanding woman, public statues, ria novosti, soviet state, st petersburg, statues of lenin, vladimir lenin