Rural healthcare scam accused shoots selfJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 23 (IANS) An Uttar Pradesh official allegedly linked to the multi-crore rural healthcare scam committed suicide by shooting himself with his licensed revolver Monday, police said.
Sunil Kumar Verma, 55, project manager of Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam subsidiary, was allegedly involved in large-scale defalcation of funds in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission scam.
Three chief medical officers have already been murdered in connection with the scam.
On Friday, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) found anomalies in the spending of around Rs.5,000 crore under the scheme in some districts.
Former family welfare minister Babu Singh Kushwaha is under the CBI scanner for his alleged involvement in the scam.
- Uttar Pradesh healthcare scam: Engineer shoots himself (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- NRHM scam: CBI raids 45 places, ex-BSP man under scanner - Jan 04, 2012
- Day after joining BJP, Kushwaha's premises raided (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Former ministers asked to vacate house - Nov 25, 2011
- Kushwaha now under ED scanner - Jan 08, 2012
- NRHM scam: CBI raids 60 places, ex-BSP minister under scanner (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Former UP minister arrested in NRHM case - Mar 03, 2012
- Did not summon UP engineer in health scam: CBI - Jan 23, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Fourth Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- NRHM case: Former UP minister, BSP legislator arrested (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- BSP, BJP fooling people, says Congress - Jan 06, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Third Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- CBI raids former UP health minister - Jun 02, 2012
- Put my membership on hold: Kushwaha tells Gadkari - Jan 07, 2012
- CBI arrests three in NRHM scam - Jan 06, 2012
Tags: anomalies, babu, cag, cbi, comptroller and auditor general, defalcation, family welfare, jal, kushwaha, medical officers, national rural health, national rural health mission, revolver, scanner, subsidiary, suicide, sunil, uttar pradesh