Rulers don’t want independent judiciary: Imran KhanMarch 15th, 2009 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 15 (IANS) Former Pakistani cricketer and the Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan Sunday said the present government did not want independent judiciary in the country.
The government “is trying to betray the people by appointing slave judges”, he told Geo TV.
“One judge took the stand before a military dictator. The entire nation stands by him,” Imran Khan said, referring to Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhury, who was sacked by military dictator General Pervez Musharraf in 2007.
Chaudhury had last year led a similar Long March, onto whose bandwagon former prime minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif had climbed when the protesters reached Islamabad.
Imran Khan said criminal people in the government wouldn’t let the independent judiciary come in the country.
The people of Pakistan have now risen to the occasion, he said, adding that the entire world’s attention would be focused on Islamabad Monday.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- Zardari, Nawaz disappointed their voters: Imran Khan - Mar 25, 2012
- Allegations against CJI aimed to paralyse judiciary: Imran - Jun 14, 2012
- Allegations against Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry aimed to paralyse judiciary: Imran (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Convicted Gilani must quit, says opposition - Apr 26, 2012
- Zardari, Nawaz tried to clip Pak judiciary's power: Imran - Apr 26, 2010
- Ex-minister Qureshi joins Imran Khan's party - Nov 27, 2011
- Imran Khan must leave politics, become cricket coach to save honour: PML(N) minister - Mar 28, 2011
- Days of landlords are numbered in Pakistan: Imran Khan - Feb 26, 2012
- Won't support any coup, says Imran Khan - Jan 12, 2012
- Pak public should come out on streets against US drone attacks: Shahbaz Sharif - Apr 27, 2011
- Gilani gets lawyer in contempt case (Evening Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Imran asks PML-N to give up its two-faced policies - Nov 09, 2009
- Pakistan's ex-foreign minister joins Imran's party - Nov 28, 2011
- Gilani convicted: Imran Khan plans `tsunami march' - Apr 27, 2012
- Imran Khan sets 30 days deadline over US drone strikes - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: asian news, bandwagon, chaudhury, chief justice iftikhar, former prime minister, general pervez musharraf, geo tv, independent judiciary, islamabad, military dictator, nawaz sharif, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pakistani cricketer, pervez musharraf, pml n, present government, skp, supreme court chief justice, tehrik e insaf