Ruckus in Maharashtra assembly on monsoon session openerJuly 9th, 2012 - 4:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 9 (IANS) The Maharashtra assembly’s monsoon session got off to a stormy start Monday with the opposition creating a ruckus over various issues ,including the state secretariat fire and Adarsh Housing Society scam.
Even before the proceedings could begin, the opposition members of the lower as well as the upper houses started raising slogans, waving posters and banners and marched towards a statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji.
After legislators assembled amid commotion in both the houses, the opposition demanded adiscussion on various issues, including the June 21 Mantralaya blaze that destroyed a large portion of the upper floors of the seven-storied building.
As the uproar continued in the assembly, it was adjourned twice for 15 minutes each and later for an hour.
- Maharashtra opposition creates ruckus, assembly adjourned (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Mantralaya blaze: Chavan says fire controlled, orders probe (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Chavan takes stock of Mantralaya fire - Jun 22, 2012
- Mantralaya to be functional in three months, says Bhujbal (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Stormy start to Delhi assembly monsoon session - Sep 04, 2012
- Assam violence leads to uproar, parliament adjourned till noon (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Chavan reviews situation after Mantralaya blaze - Jun 21, 2012
- Ruckus in Delhi assembly over irregularities in CWG - Aug 17, 2010
- CWG clouds Delhi assembly monsoon session opening - Aug 29, 2011
- Hazare protest stalls parliament, no business done (Third Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Delhi budget session starts on a stormy note - May 28, 2012
- Mantralaya resumes work after four days - Jun 25, 2012
- Parliament adjourned for day over Anna detention (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Hazare protest stalls parliament - Aug 23, 2011
- Mantralaya fire continues second day - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: 15 minutes, blaze, commotion, housing society, june 21, large portion, legislators, monsoon session, opposition members, posters, proceedings, ruckus, secretariat, shivaji, slogans, state secretariat, upper floors, upper houses, uproar