RSS to burn copy of Kashmir interlocutors reportJuly 17th, 2012 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 17 (IANS) The Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) will burn copies of the Jammu and Kashmir interlocutors’ “dangerous” report across the country soon, a senior leader said here Tuesday.
RSS leader Indresh Kumar told media persons here that the RSS would soon decide a date to burn the copies of the report submitted by the three interlocutors to the central government.
“The interlocutors’ report is extremely dangerous for the unity and integrity of the country. It will lead to division of the country,” he alleged, terming the report as being against Kashmir’s integration with India.
The report has recommended the setting up of a constitutional committee to review all central laws extended to the state and making permanent Article 370 of the constitution that grants the state a special status.
Indresh Kumar said the interlocutors had taken a line which will allow a third agency to mediate on the Kashmir issue which India will not tolerate.
He said that Pakistan had no right to the areas of Kashmir it currently occupies.
The report, “A New Compact with the People of Jammu and Kashmir”, prepared by the three interlocutors - senior journalist Dileep Padgaonkar, academician Radha Kumar and former information commissioner M.M. Ansari - was made public early this month.
- Interlocutors' report favours separatists: Joshi - Jun 23, 2012
- 'No decision yet on Kashmir interlocutors' report: Government - Aug 08, 2012
- Review central laws applicable in Kashmir: Interlocutors (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Advani hits out at Omar, interlocutors - Dec 14, 2010
- Review central laws applicable in Kashmir: interlocutors - May 24, 2012
- Panthers Party to boycott meet with former interlocutors - Aug 30, 2012
- Government to call all-party meet on J&K; panel report - May 31, 2012
- Kashmir interlocutors' report ambiguous: Rajnath Singh - Jun 01, 2012
- J&K; parties boycott interlocutors' report - Sep 02, 2012
- Chidambaram to visit Jammu and Kashmir Feb 3 - Jan 30, 2011
- BJP to make fresh assessment of Kashmir situation - May 28, 2012
- Interlocutors visit Kot Bhalwal jail in Jammu (Third Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Karan Singh declines comment on interlocutors' report - May 25, 2012
- Kashmir interlocutors meet BJP leaders - Jan 17, 2011
- Jammu parties boycott former interlocutors - Sep 02, 2012
Tags: academician, ansari, central government, constitution, constitutional committee, India, information commissioner, integrity, interlocutors, jammu and kashmir, journalist, july 17, kashmir, kashmir issue, media persons, pakistan, unity