RSS mouthpiece slams ModiJune 2nd, 2012 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 2 (IANS) Close on the heals of veteran Bharatiya Janata Party leader L.K.Advani slamming the feuding factions within the party, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) has pulled up Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for the way he forced the exit of Sanjay Joshi from the BJP’s national executive last week.
In an article written by Devendra Swaroop in the RSS mouthpiece Panchjanaya, Modi has been asked to think over his style of functioning and the strength of the party organisation.
Asking Modi as to what was done by Joshi that he nurtured such an annoyance against him, the article said Modi’s conduct during the Joshi imbroglio in the Mumbai meeting of the BJP’s national executive needed in Mumbai last week to be seriously looked into.
The article assumes significance because its author is a former editor of Panchjanya and a regular contributor echoing the views of the RSS insiders.
Referring to Modi weathering the earlier efforts of his detractors, including former chief ministers Keshubhai Patel and Suresh Mehta, in the last two assembly elections, the article in the RSS mouthpiece said that “this does not mean that the coming together of BJP’s senior and prominent leaders (in Gujarat again) could be taken lightly.”
- Modi needs to review style of working: RSS mouthpiece (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- BJP bows to Modi, Joshi quits party (Roundup) - Jun 08, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi quits BJP (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi, Modi's foe, quits BJP (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Posters target Modi for Sanjay Joshi exit (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Posters target Modi for Sanjay Joshi exit - Jun 05, 2012
- Modi rule akin to Emergency: Suresh Mehta - May 30, 2012
- Is BJP resurrecting Keshubhai to take on Modi? (Gujarat Newsletter) - May 19, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi quits BJP - Jun 08, 2012
- Joshi vs Modi: no clear winner in tangled BJP web (Comment) - Jun 09, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi offers to quit BJP national executive - May 24, 2012
- Don't go for power 'at any cost', says Rajnath - Jun 09, 2012
- BJP: A divided house despite patch-up moves - May 26, 2012
- Modi trying to divert attention from BJP rift: Congress - Jun 11, 2012
- BJP meet will discuss differences -- within (Lead) - May 23, 2012
Tags: annoyance, assembly elections, bjp, chief minister, chief ministers, detractors, gujarat, imbroglio, l k advani, mehta, modi, mouthpiece, panchjanya, party leader, party organisation, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, sanjay joshi, suresh, swaroop, weathering