Rs.27,067 crore Delhi budget presentedMarch 22nd, 2011 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 22 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Tuesday presented an annual budget of Rs.27,067 crore (Rs.270.67 billion) for 2011-12, with a plan outlay of Rs.13,600 crore and non-plan expenditure of Rs.13,307 and informed that the budget was a balanced one.
The chief minister announced that the capital city would be enhanced as a “Knowledge City” and, to realise this goal, 14,000 new staff will be appointed in schools and enhanced scholarships given to students.
“The delhi government has tried to give a balanced budget for the common man, we haven’t tampered too much,” Dikshit told reporters after presenting the budget.
Dikshit, the first Delhi chief minister to present the budget, earmarked Rs.160 crore for centrally-sponsored projects.
- Delhi assembly passes vote-on-account - Mar 21, 2012
- Petrol to be cheaper, CNG costlier in Delhi (Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 28, 2012
- Budget: Minority girl students to get free cycles - Mar 16, 2012
- Petrol to be cheaper, CNG costlier in Delhi (Second Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Budget boost for women, child development programmes - Mar 16, 2012
- Andhra presents Rs.1.45 lakh crore budget (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Delhi's Rs.15,133 crore annual plan approved - May 04, 2011
- Tax on alcohol, tobacco products hiked in Meghalaya budget - Mar 19, 2012
- Funds for computerising courts doubled - Mar 16, 2012
- Government to raise Rs.30,000 crore from disinvestment - Mar 16, 2012
- Jharkhand budget focuses on roads, power and irrigation - Mar 07, 2011
- Delhi Police gets over Rs.3,000 crore in budget - Feb 28, 2011
- Delhi government diverted funds meant for SCs: NGO - Jul 08, 2012
- Education gets 24 percent hike (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Pakistan hikes defence budget by 10 percent - Jun 02, 2012