Rs.15,300 crore plan approved for JharkhandApril 11th, 2011 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, April 11 (IANS) The central Planning Commission Monday approved a Rs.15,300-crore annual plan for Jharkhand for 2011-2012.
“The Rs.15,300-crore plan was finalised at a meeting in New Delhi between Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda,” a government statement here said.
During the meeting, Munda informed Ahuwalia that despite abundant natural resources, 54 percent people in the state were still living below the poverty line.
There has been increase in the per capita income during the last few years, but the fact is that more than 15 percent of this income is coming from mining related activities, which employs only 2.25 percent of the population, the chief minister told the Planning Commission deputy chairman, according to the statement.
Ahuwalia said the the Planning Commission was fully aware of prevailing circumstances and efforts of the state government, and pointed out that public-private partnership will have to be further encouraged in the development of both physical and social infrastructure.
According to estimates, the State Gross Domestic Product of Jharkhand during 2004-2005 increased from Rs.59,766 crore to Rs.79,663 crore in 2009-10 at the constant of 2004-05 prices.
- Jharkhand annual plan 2011-12 finalized - Apr 11, 2011
- Jharkhand wants industrial corridor like Delhi-Mumbai one - Aug 06, 2012
- Jharkhand plan size reduced - Feb 08, 2012
- India's per capita income rises to Rs.53,000 - Jan 31, 2012
- Bihar's per capita income lowest, Delhi's highest - Aug 22, 2011
- Planning Commission to set up panel to measure poverty - Apr 07, 2012
- 'Donations run India's political parties, sources largely unknown' (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Good showing gets Rajasthan 22 percent hike in plan outlay - Mar 21, 2012
- Bihar proposes increase in plan outlay - Feb 07, 2011
- Planning Commission to set up panel to measure poverty (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Haryana's plan outlay 82 percent higher than last year - May 11, 2010
- Plan panel in opposition line of fire over poverty norm (Third Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Plan panel in opposition line of fire over poverty norm (Second Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- 40.74 crore people below poverty line, apex court told - Sep 21, 2011
- Income inequity unavoidable, says minister - Dec 15, 2011
Tags: abundant natural resources, arjun munda, chief minister, circumstances, crore plan, deputy chairman, estimates, government statement, gross domestic product, living below the poverty line, montek singh ahluwalia, New Delhi, per capita income, planning commission, population, public private partnership, ranchi, social infrastructure, state government