Royal couple in CanadaJuly 1st, 2011 - 2:58 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 1 (IANS) Prince William and Princess Catherine reached Canada, beginning their first overseas trip as a married couple. The royal couple is on an 11-day North America tour.
Britain’s Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who married in April this year, landed in Ottawa on Thursday.
Catherine was dressed in a midnight-blue lace dress with stone-shaded lining and scalloped sleeves by Montreal-based designer Erdem. She also wore L.K. Bennett pumps and carried a matching clutch, and had her hair half tied back as she stepped into the country.
As William and Catherine exited the plane, a specially designed commemorative flag for the Prince was flown from the cockpit window.
The couple was then greeted by Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird, who escorted them to their motorcade, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“The royal couple is delighted that Canada will be their first tour together and the Canadians have put together an extremely welcoming and well-balanced diary of meaningful engagements, mixed with fun and lots of opportunities to get to know Canada and Canadians better,” said Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, royals’ private secretary.
The couple’s trip will see them travel across the country including Ottawa, Ontario, Montreal and Quebec, among other cities, before heading to California in the US between July 8 and 10.
- Prince William picks brother Harry as best man - Feb 14, 2011
- William breaks tradition, picks Harry as 'best man' rather than 'supporter' - Feb 15, 2011
- Kate and WIlliam to Wed at Westminster Abbey in April - Nov 24, 2010
- Prince William's household 'planning the royal wedding' - Dec 05, 2010
- Kate not to employ housekeeper - Jun 16, 2011
- Royal wedding: The pageboys and the bridesmaids - Apr 29, 2011
- Pippa Middleton: Playing the perfect maid of honour - Apr 29, 2011
- Prince William jets to New Zealand on first official overseas trip - Jan 16, 2010
- Prince William helps search missing Aboriginal warrior's skull - Apr 02, 2010
- Millions to celebrate 'People's Royal Wedding' on April 29! - Nov 24, 2010
- Canada leader calls William-Kate 'parasites' - Jun 02, 2011
- William, Kate celebrate first wedding anniversary - Apr 29, 2012
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Prince Harry Set To Visit New York To Boost Support For War Veterans - Jun 03, 2010
- Wills, Kate's world tour next year will help ease Queen's Diamond Jubilee workload - May 03, 2011
Tags: blue lace, cockpit window, commemorative flag, duke and duchess, foreign affairs minister, john baird, l k bennett, lace dress, lowther, married couple, minister john, motorcade, ottawa ontario, overseas trip, pinkerton, prince william, princess catherine, private secretary, royal couple, tour britain