Rosaiah, other Congress leaders hold anti-RSS protestNovember 12th, 2010 - 3:10 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Nov 12 (IANS) Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K. Rosaiah, state Congress chief D. Srinivas, party MPs and other leaders Friday participated in a massive protest here against RSS leader K.S. Sudarshan’s remarks against their party president Sonia Gandhi.
Addressing protesters at Basheerbagh in the heart of the city, Rosaiah said it was an unpardonable crime if people wanted to earn cheap publicity by making insulting remarks against Sonia Gandhi.
He said her rivals were making such remarks because they were unable to fight her politically.
“We all know the forces behind a demon called Nathuram Godse who killed the father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi. These forces have been trying to mislead people by promising to serve them but people remained vigilant and kept them at bay,” Rosaiah said.
State Congress chief D. Srinivas demanded unconditional apology from the former RSS chief for making offensive remarks against Sonia Gandhi.
The protesters raised slogans against Sudarshan and burnt his effigy.
The RSS leader had described the Congress president as “a CIA agent” who “had plotted the assassination of her mother-in-law Indira Gandhi and her husband late Rajiv Gandhi”.
There was tension at the venue after the chief minister and Srinivas left. The protesters blocked heavy traffic leading to MPs V. Hanumantha Rao as well as Anjan Kumar Yadav and others being arrested.
- Sudarshan's anti-Sonia remarks provoke youth Congress protest - Nov 12, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Congress protests Sudarshan's remarks - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress workers in Orissa burn Sudarshan effigy - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress seeks apology from former RSS chief for remark "Sonia, a CIA agent" - Nov 11, 2010
- Seven injured in clash of Congress, RSS workers in Ranchi - Nov 16, 2010
- Over 250 Congress leaders held in Chhattisgarh - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress criticises former RSS chief over anti-Sonia remarks (Lead) - Nov 12, 2010
- Lalu Yadav condemns Sudarshan's anti-Sonia Gandhi remarks - Nov 13, 2010
- Congress workers wave black flags at Sudarshan at Indore - Nov 12, 2010
- RSS expresses regret over Sudarshan's remarks; Congressmen hold protests (Roundup) - Nov 12, 2010
- Seven hurt in Congress, RSS workers' clash in Ranchi (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Rosiah condemns Sakshi story on Sonia Gandhi - Nov 21, 2010
- Congress workers have right to protest Sudarshan's remark - Nov 11, 2010
- Congress leader arrested after party-RSS clash in Jharkhand - Nov 18, 2010
- Gadkari used Sudarshan as proxy to attack Sonia: Congress MP - Nov 12, 2010
Tags: cia agent, congress chief, congress leaders, congress president, effigy, godse, heart of the city, heavy traffic, indira gandhi, insulting remarks, massive protest, nation mahatma gandhi, offensive remarks, party president, rajiv gandhi, rss chief, s sudarshan, sonia gandhi, srinivas, state congress