Rosaiah exempted from personal appearance in Hyderabad courtJune 29th, 2012 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 29 (IANS) In a major breather for Tamil Nadu Governor K.Rosaiah, the Andhra Pradesh High Court Friday exempted him from personally appearing in a city court in a land allotment case.
The high court, on a petition filed by Rosaiah, stayed the summons issued by a lower court in a case related to de-notification of government land when he was chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) court June 18 had directed Rosaiah to appear before it Aug 2.
Rosaiah’s government July 15, 2010 had issued an order de-notifying 9.14 acres of prime land worth Rs.300 crore at Ameerpet in Hyderabad in favour of some private parties for building a commercial complex.
Rosaiah is among the 13 accused in the case, which was filed by Mohan Lal, an advocate. The petitioner alleged that the action of the chief minister in de-notifying the land belonging to the Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) in favour of some private parties caused a loss of Rs.200 crore to the state exchequer.
On the direction of the court, the ACB after a preliminary investigation, submitted the report in March 2011. The report sought to give a clean chit to Rosaiah on the ground that there was no evidence against him. It also requested the court to close the case.
While rejecting the report, the court examined the witnesses including three senior IAS officers - C.V.S.K. Sarma, who was the then principal secretary to the chief minister, T.S. Appa Rao, then principal secretary of department of municipal administration and urban development and B.P. Acharya, then Commissioner of HMDA. All three recorded their statements. Sarma identified the then chief minister’s signature on the concerned file.
80-year-old Rosaiah was chief minister from Sep 3, 2009 to Nov 24, 2010. He was appointed governor of Tamil Nadu in August 2011.
- Hyderabad court summons Tamil Nadu governor in land case - Jun 18, 2012
- Land scam probe against another Karnataka minister - Nov 22, 2011
- Yeddyurappa faces police probe in one more case - Nov 27, 2011
- Kumaraswamy demands CM Yeddyurappa's resignation over land scam - Nov 17, 2010
- Karnataka CM Yeddyurappa defends himself on land scam issue - Nov 18, 2010
- Land Scam: Karnataka High Court issues notice to Yeddyurappa - Dec 07, 2010
- Land grab probe against one more Karnataka minister - Oct 24, 2011
- Karnataka home minister faces probe over land order - Oct 20, 2011
- Yeddyurappa charge sheeted in land case - May 21, 2012
- Andhra ACB files charge sheet in cash-for-bail case - Aug 13, 2012
- Now, Yeddyurappa takes Karnataka battle to Delhi - Jan 23, 2011
- Karnataka Governor behaving like a federal government agent: Yeddyurappa - Jan 23, 2011
- Yeddyurappa to appear in court as bail plea rejected - Aug 29, 2011
- Yeddyurappa graft case hearing put off till Sep 13 - Sep 08, 2011
- Goa SEZ scam: Kamat still to read court order - Dec 08, 2010
Tags: andhra pradesh high court, appa, chief minister, clean chit, corruption bureau, government land, hmda, land allotment, metropolitan development, mohan lal, municipal administration, personal appearance, preliminary investigation, prime land, principal secretary, rs 200, sarma, state exchequer, tamil nadu, worth rs