Ron Paul attacks Romney, Bachmann and PerryAugust 17th, 2011 - 7:10 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Aug 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The GOP race is heating up and hopeful Ron Paul has thrown the first major punch at the other candidates. The GOP candidates have until now mainly directed their attack on President Barack Obama but in his campaign ad which will be launched in Iowa, Paul changes gear and adds three of his challengers.
Paul accuses Mitt Romney, Michelle Bachmann and Rick Perry of adopting the strategy that brought Obama to power. In the ad campaign, the three main challengers are labeled as “smooth-talking politicians.” It will be interesting to see the reaction of the other candidates in the latest accusation.
In the ad, the pictures of Perry, Bachmann and Romney are flashed on the screen with those of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and of course that of President Barack Obama. After branding them as “smooth-talking politicians,” the ad further claims that they are involved in the accusation and counter accusation political game.
Latest straw poll in Iowa shows that Paul is lagging behind Romney, Perry and Bachmann. Several polls have given Romney a lead in the GOP race nationally and interestingly Perry who just announced his involvement in the race last weekend have moved to the second position with tea party favorite Bachmann coming third. Paul completes the top four list in the polls.
- Michele Bachmann to meet Donald Trump again - Nov 21, 2011
- Republican presidential candidates spar over everything - Sep 08, 2011
- Gingrich wins key Republican primary in South Carolina - Jan 22, 2012
- Rick Perry gets the backing of Dean Cannon - Aug 25, 2011
- Romney's path cleared; gets Bobby Jindal's backing (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Bobby Jindal backs Romney as Santorum quits - Apr 11, 2012
- GOP candidate to debate in Sioux City Iowa - Dec 16, 2011
- Romney scores decisive win in Illinois primary - Mar 21, 2012
- Romney coasts to second victory in a row - Feb 05, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South - Mar 13, 2012
- Romney thumps Gingrich, regains momentum - Feb 01, 2012
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- Romney, Santorum face showdown in Obama's home state - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: accusation, ad campaign, barack obama, challengers, gop, gop candidates, gop race, house minority leader nancy pelosi, michelle bachmann, minority leader, mitt romney, nancy pelosi, political game, politicians, punch, rick perry, ron paul, several polls, straw poll, tea party