RJD symbol to blame for Bihar’s underdevelopment: AdvaniMarch 6th, 2009 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 6 (IANS) Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader L.K. Advani Friday cocked a snook at the Rashtriya Janata Dal’s lantern election symbol, saying there was no electricity in Bihar during its stint in power as the party detested bulbs.
“When I was passing through Bihar during my golden jubilee Rath Yatra (in 1997), I saw that there was no electricity in the rural belts of the state. Miles after miles of areas which I travelled through were just dark,” Advani said.
“I asked one of my party workers why that was so. He referred to the symbol of the party (RJD) then ruling the state. He said the party did not like bulbs,” he added.
- Nitish to flag off Advani's 'rath yatra' - Sep 23, 2011
- Delhi in mind, Advani starts yatra from Bihar - Oct 12, 2011
- Advani only wants to be PM, says Congress - Oct 11, 2011
- Advani's yatra an insult to land of Jayaprakash Narayan: Lalu - Oct 11, 2011
- Jan Chetna Yatra is Advani's sixth rath yatra - Oct 11, 2011
- Would consider security to Advani's yatra: Chidambaram - Sep 30, 2011
- Advani's 'yatra' not for PM's post: Gadkari - Sep 29, 2011
- Munda may skip Jan Chetna rally as Advani skirts Jharkhand - Oct 11, 2011
- Advani to launch 'yatra' against graft - Sep 08, 2011
- Was amazed to see Advani's energy during yatra: Prasad - Dec 24, 2011
- Advani's Rath Yatra root of terrorism in India: Digvijay - Jan 28, 2011
- Advani hints he may not be PM candidate in 2014 - Sep 21, 2011
- A modified bus will be Advani's 'rath' - Oct 04, 2011
- Party will decide PM candidate: Advani - Oct 10, 2011
- Advani yatra: BJP non-committal on Yeddyurappa's role - Oct 13, 2011