Riot probe team records Gujarat minister’s statementDecember 28th, 2008 - 10:25 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Dec 28 (IANS) After ignoring summons for two days, Gujarat Minister Maya Kodnani Sunday appeared before the Special Investigation Team (SIT) appointed by the Supreme Court to probe major cases of the 2002 communal violence and recorded her statement. “She appeared before the SIT at Gandhinagar office Sunday and gave her statement that was recorded,” said Ashish Bhatia, joint commissioner of police (Ahmedabad), who is part of the team.
Kodnani, Gujarat’s minister of state for women, child development and higher education, was summoned by the SIT Friday, but she did not depose that day and also kept the team waiting the next day.
Bhatia said Kodnani had not given any reason for her failure to appear before the SIT earlier.
Victims have alleged Kodnani had incited mobs to attack the Muslims in Naroda Gam and Naroda Patiya Feb 28, 2002 - in the aftermath of the train burning tragedy of the day before at Godhra. She has denied the charge.
- Naroda witnesses happy with court verdict (With Image) - Aug 29, 2012
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- BJP lawmaker, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya killings - Aug 31, 2012
- Gujarat minister accused in Naroda Gam riots gets bail (Lead) - Feb 05, 2009
- BJP legislator, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya carnage (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- BJP mum on Maya Kodnani's sentence - Aug 31, 2012
- Kodnani conviction shows rule of law in Gujarat: BJP - Sep 01, 2012
- Gujarat minister yet to appear before probe team - Dec 28, 2008
- Bajrangi said he felt like Rana Pratap after Naroda killings - Aug 29, 2012
- Another Gujarat police officer faces action - Aug 11, 2011
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister Kodnani, 31 convicted (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Government cannot be linked to 2002 massacre: Gujarat - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat riot victims hail life terms for accused - Aug 31, 2012
- Kodnani's remand extended till April 4 - Apr 01, 2009
- Minister's involvement only with Modi's consent: Congress on Naroda - Aug 29, 2012