Results below expectations: Chandrababu NaiduMay 16th, 2009 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 16 (IANS) After its poor showing in the Lok Sabha and Andhra Pradesh assembly polls, Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N. Chandrababu Naidu Saturday said that his party would analyse the election results.
The TDP-led four-party Grand Alliance suffered defeat in both the assembly and Lok Sabha elections.
The alliance won 108 seats in the 294-member state assembly and bagged eight out of the state’s 42 Lok Sabha seats. TDP won 93 assembly and six Lok Sabha seats on its own.
Naidu told reporters that the results were below his expectations and the party would begin district-wise analysis of the results.
“We need to analyse the results in detail because the Congress has won more Lok Sabha seats as compared to assembly seats. The UPA has bagged more seats than its own expectations in several states,” he said.
Naidu said the TDP would work as a “responsible opposition party”. “We will play the role of an effective opposition to serve the people,” he said.
- TDP to abstain in presidential election - Jul 18, 2012
- YSR Congress sweeps Andhra by-polls, bags Lok Sabha, 15 assembly seats (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2012
- YSRCP sweeps Andhra by-polls, bags one Lok Sabha, 15 assembly seats (Fourth Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Congress terms Andhra by-poll results 'people's mistake' - Jun 15, 2012
- YSR Congress Party wins Nellore Lok Sabha, 14 assembly seats (Third Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- TDP's Devender Goud, Ramesh file papers for Rajya Sabha - Mar 19, 2012
- Jagan party shocks Congress, wrests three council seats - Mar 23, 2011
- Andhra chief minister owns responsibility for Congress defeat - Mar 21, 2012
- Chiranjeevi, Renuka, four others file papers for Rajya Sabha - Mar 19, 2012
- Stage set for Tuesday's by-polls in Andhra Pradesh - Jun 11, 2012
- MIM chief Owaisi meets Jagan in jail - Jun 19, 2012
- YSR Congress elated over first win outside Kadapa - Mar 21, 2012
- Congress inching towards majority in Andhra assembly (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- YSR's son, widow win by-elections by record margins (Third Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Banking on YSR legacy, Jagan emerges a key force (Andhra Pradesh Newsletter) - Jun 16, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh assembly, assembly polls, assembly seats, chandrababu naidu, congress, grand alliance, hyderabad, lok sabha elections, lok sabha seats, member state, opposition party, state assembly, UPA, wise analysis