Restrict state control on businesses: PutinJanuary 30th, 2012 - 6:08 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Jan 30 (IANS/RIA Novosti) State control over businesses should be restricted, Russian Prime Minister and presidential candidate Vladimir Putin said in an article published on his election website and the Vedomosti business daily.
“The entire ideology of state control over business activities should be changed, sharply restricting these functions,” Putin, 59, wrote.
“The new strategy should be based on the ‘presumption of bona fides’ for business, proceeding from the assumption that creating conditions for the activity of bona fide entrepreneurs is more important than possible risks connected with unscrupulous behaviour,” the premier wrote.
He also said the business climate in the country and its attractiveness for long-term investment are still unsatisfactory due to a “lack of transparency” and “systemic corruption”.
Putin served two terms as Russia’s president between 2000 and 2008, but was barred from standing for a third consecutive term by the constitution. He became prime minister after his handpicked successor, Dmitry Medvedev, became president.
Putin is considered the most likely candidate to win the presidential election March 4. However, analysts say his declining popularity could see him forced into a runoff.
- No Putin portraits on campaign posters - Feb 07, 2012
- Putin says no to TV presidential debates - Jan 12, 2012
- Putin returns to Kremlin amid protests (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Putin assassination plot uncovered - Feb 27, 2012
- Putin says no review of Russian parliamentary poll results - Dec 27, 2011
- Putin registered as presidential candidate - Dec 20, 2011
- Russian government in for serious rotation: Putin - Jan 24, 2012
- Russian court declines considering election suit - Apr 28, 2012
- Putin pledges 400 ICBMs for Russia in 10 years - Feb 20, 2012
- Russia should solve poverty problem by 2020 : Putin - Jan 16, 2012
- Putin's poll office to cooperate with election monitors - Feb 03, 2012
- Global crisis is systemic: Putin - Jan 16, 2012
- Putin to win polls in first round: Exit poll - Mar 05, 2012
- Putin files papers for presidential bid - Dec 08, 2011
- Putin vows to continue liberal reforms in Russia - Mar 04, 2012
Tags: attractiveness, bona fides, business activities, business climate, consecutive term, election march, election website, long term investment, medvedev, new strategy, president putin, presidential candidate, presidential election, presumption, ria novosti, runoff, russian prime minister, systemic corruption, vladimir putin, vm