Republican Party Members Oust Michael Steele, Elect Reince Priebus As The New ChairmanJanuary 15th, 2011 - 7:23 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Jan 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Republican National Committee selected Reince Priebus as their new chairman after Chairman Michael Steele dropped his second election bid on Friday. Though he endorsed Maria Cino to continue his legacy, the GOP members selected Reince Priebus as the new chairman of the party. The newly appointed chairman received 97 votes out of 168 ballots cast.
After the election, GOP’s first vice-chairman Brian Schimming told a reputed media source that he is not surprised to see Reince Priebus as the chairman of Republican national Party as he deserved the post owing to his hard work and dedication. Brian Schimming said that when Reince Priebus decides to do something, he takes the whole responsibility of finishing his work with full dedication. Reince Priebus addressed his party members on Friday and thanked them for selecting him for such a prestigious position. He said that the Democratic Party members have taken Unites States to a ‘wrong path’ and though the journey would not be easy for them, the Republicans would be able to “lead”. The newly appointed chairman also said that together as a party and committee, the Republican Party would be able to defeat President Barack Obama in 2012 election.
Michael Steele’s tenure witnessed many gaffles, $20 million debts and the donors seemed to have lost faith in the party as well. However, this time the GOP Party members are optimistic as they feel Reince Priebus will be able to restructure the financial operation, restore their donor’s faith, improve the communication medium with the other parties. Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate has also supported the present election and said that he respects Reince Priebus’ effort and dedication.
- Palin declines Tea Party offer to replace Steele as RNC chairman - Dec 07, 2010
- GOP committee battle: Steele to reveal whether he wants top job - Dec 13, 2010
- Trump's desire to be President surprises many in US - Apr 09, 2011
- Biden compares GOP Economic Strategy to ' blaming rape victims' for being raped - Mar 20, 2011
- Palin to GOP: Dig deep, don't get cocky, win mid-term polls - Oct 24, 2010
- Will Michael Steele Step Down From RNC? - Apr 01, 2010
- Phone sex scandal adds to Republican committee's fundraising woes - Apr 02, 2010
- Gingrich to launch 2012 Prez bid - Mar 02, 2011
- Utah Republicans Bestow Trust On Mike Lee - Jun 23, 2010
- African-American leaders in US have "slimmer margin" for error: Steele - Apr 06, 2010
- GOP leader slams colleague for Obama-chimpanzee email - Apr 17, 2011
- Ganguly offered BCCI technical panel chairmanship - Sep 19, 2011
- Gingrich announces withdrawal from Republican primaries - May 03, 2012
- Steele becomes first African American to head Republican Party - Jan 31, 2009
- Obama is most prolific money-raiser in political history for Republicans! - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: ballots, barack obama, chairman michael, chairman mike, communication medium, democratic party chairman, gina gomez, gop, gop members, maria cino, media source, michael steele, mike tate, party members, prestigious position, reince priebus, republican national committee, republican national party, republican party, vice chairman