Repolling in 6 booths in Bengal SundayMay 2nd, 2009 - 9:25 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 2 (IANS) Repolling would be held in six booths in three Lok Sabha constituencies in West Bengal Sunday, a poll official said Saturday.
“Two booths each from Darjeeling, Jhargram and Bishnupur Lok Sabha constituency will go for re-polling tomorrow (Sunday),” joint chief electoral officer (CEO) N.K. Sahana told IANS.
Repolling will be held in two booths in the Siliguri assembly segment of Darjeeling parliamentary constituency as the voter numbers in the electronic voting machine (EVM) did not match with those in the voters list.
In Jhargram, the Nayagram booth will see repolling following an adverse report from the micro observer. Voting at the other booth at Salboni could not take place following the boycott call by a tribal organization.
In Bishnupur constituency in Burdwan district, the repolling will take place as some voters cast their ballots in the wrong booths.
The repolling would be conducted from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sahana said.
Meanwhile, Trinamool Congress candidate from Sreerampore Kalyan Bandopadhyay filed his reply Saturday to the show cause notice issued by the poll panel for his alleged hate remarks against state Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
“The reply has been put in a sealed envelope and sent to the Election Commission of India. We have no idea about its content,” chief electoral officer (CEO) Debashis Sen told reporters.
- West Bengal re-polling peaceful - May 03, 2009
- Tight security, long voter queues in Maoist heartland (Second Lead) - May 10, 2011
- Heavy voting in Maoist heartland as Bengal polls end (Roundup) - May 10, 2011
- Bengal's Maoist heartland votes in huge numbers (Fourth Lead) - May 10, 2011
- Repolling underway in West Bengal - May 03, 2009
- Tight security, high voter turnout in Maoist heartland (Third Lead) - May 10, 2011
- Polling peaceful in West Bengal first phase (Intro Roundup) - Apr 18, 2011
- Bengal polls end with heavy voting in Maoist heartland (Intro Roundup) - May 10, 2011
- Two voters die, 64 percent turnout till 3 p.m. in Bengal (Fourth Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Two voters die in third phase of Bengal elections (Third Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Re-poll ordered in two Bengal polling stations - Apr 19, 2011
- 83 percent votes cast in Bengal fifth phase (Roundup) - May 07, 2011
- Election Commission orders repoll on six booths in West Bengal - May 02, 2009
- When a table, ceiling fan, cycle are banned near Bengal poll booths - Apr 18, 2011
- Brisk voting in fifth round of Bengal polls (Fourth Lead) - May 07, 2011
Tags: ballots, booths, boycott, chief electoral officer, chief minister, congress candidate, darjeeling, election commission of india, electronic voting machine, evm, jhargram, kalyan, kolkata, lok sabha constituencies, parliamentary constituency, sabha constituency, sahana, tribal organization, voters list, west bengal