Rep. Patrick Kennedy had 6 vodka shots in a bar and he wanted moreMay 3rd, 2010 - 3:05 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, May 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Rep. Patrick Kennedy downed 6 vodka shots at the Capital Lounge. When he entered the bar with his friends, then he was already drunk. He straightaway went for vodka shots and downed 6 in a row. He wanted more, but the bar refused to serve him any more.
The son of the late Ted Kennedy had taken part in a charity event in the day, and there he had also talked about his substance abuse history. Later at the Capitol Lounge, he said that the current President of the United States – Barack Obama was the ‘best President ever’. During the start of the drinking session, his friends accompanied him, but they stopped taking shots after some time. But Patrick carried on and after his 6th shot, he ordered more, but the bartender refused to serve him.
Patrick Kennedy has been in the limelight, but sadly for all the wrong reasons. Political analysts say that he is treading the wrong path and such drinking binges could be dangerous to his health and political career as well.
He has even been to rehab in the past and he said that, “I have always said that recovery is a life-long process and that I will do whatever it takes to preserve my health. In consultation with my doctor, I have decided to temporarily step away from my normal routine to ensure that I am being as vigilant as possible in my recovery.”
- Rep. Patrick Kennedy Goes For Six Vodka Shots! - May 02, 2010
- Bartending: New opportunities in the hospitality industry - Sep 06, 2012
- NYU grad clinches Cocktail World Cup - Apr 12, 2010
- Behind counter: More women breaching gender 'bar' (Feature with image) - Sep 02, 2009
- Ted Kennedy's sons bid adieu to their passionate father - Aug 30, 2009
- 10 quintessential cocktails for all occasions! - Jun 20, 2012
- Best bartender competition comes to India - Apr 05, 2011
- Tudors Star Rhys Meyers Heads Back to Rehab-Again - May 21, 2010
- Kennedy eulogised at final farewell - Aug 30, 2009
- Edward Kennedy, liberal lion, scion of American royalty (Obituary) - Aug 26, 2009
- Ted Kennedy dies of brain cancer aged 77 (Part-II) - Aug 26, 2009
- Robert De Niro trains bartenders how to make 'halftini' - Mar 22, 2011
- Australia PM lauds 'great American' - Aug 27, 2009
- 21 drinks in no time, initiation for becoming true England rugby star! - Mar 19, 2011
- Kennedy likens Palin's crosshair images to Arizona shootings - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: barack obama, bartender, binges, charity event, consultation, drinking session, Health Science, limelight, patrick kennedy, political analysts, political career, president of the united states, substance abuse history, ted kennedy, vodka, washington dc