‘Relaxed’ Pranab awaiting presidential resultsJuly 22nd, 2012 - 1:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 22 (IANS) UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee had a breakfast of milk and fruits for breakfast and was relaxed and “eagerly awaiting the outcome” of the vote counting, an aide said Sunday.
“He is relaxed. He is eagerly awaiting the results and confident of winning,” a close aide of Mukherjee told IANS.
“Mukherjee read the newspapers in the morning and went for a walk at 6 a.m. He also prayed, which he usually does,” the aide added.
He had milk and fruit for his breakfast.
Mukherjee, who is pitted against opposition-backed P.A Sangma, is all set to win.
Many senior leaders from Maharashtra and Rajasthan, including Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had come to meet Mukherjee in the morning at his house - No. 13, Talkatora Road.
With his win a foregone conclusion, Congress workers were carrying boxes of sweets into his home for distribution after the results are announced.
“He loves all kinds of Bengali sweets,” the aide said.
- PM, Sonia congratulate Pranab - Jul 22, 2012
- Celebrations at Pranab's Delhi residence - Jul 22, 2012
- Jubiliant Congress workers celebrate Mukherjee's victory (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Sangma expects 'miracle' in presidential election (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Sangma to canvass in Bihar July 14 - Jul 10, 2012
- Parties begin as Pranab set for victory (Third Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- PM, Sonia to visit Pranab residence to congratulate him - Jul 22, 2012
- Pranab to be sworn in president at 11.30 a.m. on Wednesday - Jul 22, 2012
- Presidential poll: Sangma hopeful of win, Trinamool support - Jul 15, 2012
- Sangma's son congratulates Pranab - Jul 22, 2012
- Trinamool should support Pranab to save face: Congress - Jul 16, 2012
- Sangma's tribal card draws bouquets, brickbats in Meghalaya - Jul 22, 2012
- Sangma seeks support in Bihar - Jul 14, 2012
- 'Pranab resigned from Indian Statistical Institute June 20' - Jul 02, 2012
- No comment on Guru clemency: President-elect Pranab (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012