Ready to talk to NCP: Manmohan SinghJuly 25th, 2012 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 25 (IANS) The government was ready to talk to the NCP “on any issue”, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said Wednesday and stressed that there was “give and take” in coalition politics.
“We are ready to speak to NCP (Nationalist Congress Party) on any issue that concerns them… in coalition politics, there is give and take,” Manmohan Singh told NDTV channel here.
He also said the creation of a coordination committee, as requested by NCP chief Sharad Pawar, was being discussed.
The NCP’s grouse is that it was not consulted on key policy decisions at the central and state level in Maharashtra, where the two parties are in a coalition.
The party, a key constituent of the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA), has however made it clear that it was an integral part of the government.
NCP leaders did not attend the farewell dinner that was given by Manmohan Singh for outgoing president Pratibha Patil Monday.
- No ultimatum to Congress, says NCP - Jul 25, 2012
- PM willing to talk to NCP 'on any issue' (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- NCP to stay with UPA, but skip functions: Praful Patel (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- NCP to stay in UPA but attend no function, skips PM's dinner (Roundup) - Jul 23, 2012
- Pawar unlikely to attend PM's dinner for president - Jul 23, 2012
- Congress, NCP stand-off ends with decision on better coordination (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- Congress, NCP stand-off ends with decision on better coordination (Intro-Roundup) - Jul 26, 2012
- UPA coordination committee to meet Aug 8 (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- UPA coordination panel holds first meeting - Aug 09, 2012
- Impasse with Congress could end, signals NCP - Jul 25, 2012
- PM praises Pawar, UPA row ebbs for now (Roundup) - Jul 20, 2012
- Congress tries hard to mollify NCP, Pawar unswayed (Intro Roundup) - Jul 21, 2012
- Maharashtra Congress goes into huddle over NCP's stance - Jul 23, 2012
- Why is Sharad Pawar angry? - Jul 20, 2012
- Unhappy Pawar, Patel offer to quit (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: coalition politics, constituent, coordination committee, farewell dinner, grouse, maharashtra, manmohan, manmohan singh, nationalist congress party, ndtv, New Delhi, outgoing president, policy decisions, president pratibha patil, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, sharad pawar, UPA