Ready to discuss all issues, says PM (Lead)August 8th, 2012 - 12:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 8 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said his government was prepared for a discussion with the opposition on important issues, including the Assam violence, and hoped for a smooth monsoon session of parliament that began Wednesday.
With the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party set to raise the Assam violence that has claimed over 70 lives in the Lok Sabha, the prime minister said the government was prepared to discuss all issues according to parliamentary procedure.
“Our government is prepared for any discussion according to procedure.. we welcome use of parliament as a forum of dialogue, and I sincerely hope that all political parties will cooperate in ensuring the session moves smoothly,” Manmohan Singh said.
The monsoon session of parliament is to end Sep 8.
- Let parliament function smoothly: PM - Aug 08, 2012
- Parliament should function smoothly: PM - Aug 01, 2011
- Opposition has too many skeletons in cupboard: PM - Jul 31, 2011
- Blackmail is bread and butter of BJP, says Sonia (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Floods, riots, econonmy to dominate monsoon session (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Storm on first day of monsoon session (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2011
- Blackmail is bread and butter of BJP, says Sonia (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Will parliament conduct its legislative business? - Jul 31, 2011
- Congress discusses strategy to prevent stalling of parliament - Aug 11, 2011
- Budget session will be smooth: PM - Mar 12, 2012
- PM hopeful budget session will be productive (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2011
- CBI not Congress mouthpiece, says PM (Second Lead) - Jul 26, 2010
- PM discusses parliament, Bangladesh trip with president - Sep 13, 2011
- Government to face opposition heat on Assam violence, power outages (Curtain raiser) - Aug 06, 2012
- Chidambaram in eye of parliament storm, houses adjourned - Nov 22, 2011
Tags: assam, dialogue, Lok Sabha, manmohan, manmohan singh, monsoon session, New Delhi, opposition, parliament, parliamentary procedure, political parties, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, violence