Rawle’s allegations political stunt: Maharashtra ministerApril 21st, 2009 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 21 (IANS) Maharashtra’s Minister of State for Home Naseem Khan Tuesday dismissed as a “political stunt” allegations of Mumbai Shiv Sena MP Mohan Rawale that he had criminal links and challenged Rawale to come up with proof.
Mumbai South-Central MP Mohan Rawle Tuesday alleged that Khan has underworld connections and remains constantly in touch with mafia dons.
“Rawle is an MP for the past two decades and has not done anything for the development of his constituency. It is purely an election stunt because Rawle is frustrated as he is not finding a way to retain his seat due to his party’s poor policies,” Khan said in a press conference in Lucknow.
“I challenge him to come up with proof and we are also seeking legal advice on the matter. If needed, we will also inform the Election Commission about what he has said to malign the image of Congress,” he added.
Khan also attacked Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh.
“Our party never wanted to get into an alliance with the Samajwadi Party. Only a few Congress leaders were eager for this. ‘Ek Tala bechne wale se aap aur kya ummeed kar sakte hain’ (What can you expect from a person who used to sell locks),” Khan said.
However, Khan did not respond when asked where and when did Singh sell locks earlier.
- Minister flayed for saying officials can steal from state coffers - Aug 10, 2012
- BJP terms Shivpal Yadav's comments reckless - Aug 10, 2012
- Louise Khurshid slips to sixth position in Farrukhabad - Mar 06, 2012
- Samajwadi Party's next goal: Mulayam as PM - May 23, 2012
- Congress was never serious about Muslim quota: Azam Khan - Jun 14, 2012
- 'Samajwadi Party will get full majority in UP' - Feb 10, 2012
- Mumbai goes to vote in final phase April 30 - Apr 28, 2009
- Congress humiliated in Rae Bareli - Mar 06, 2012
- All eyes on Lucknow in fourth phase of UP polls - Feb 18, 2012
- Bad weather forces Mulayam to skip Azamgarh rally - Jan 01, 2012
- 60 constituencies in final phase of UP polls - Mar 02, 2012
- Nominations close in Mumbai, Thane for the last phase - Apr 09, 2009
- Minor raped at BSP MP's house in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 30, 2012
- Rampur stuns Jaya Prada - Mar 06, 2012
- Nominations for fourth phase begin in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 25, 2012
Tags: aap, amar singh, aur, congress leaders, constituency, election commission, finding a way, general secretary, kya, lucknow, minister of state, mohan, naseem, political stunt, poor policies, rawle, sakte, Samajwadi Party, shiv sena, wale