Ravi Shankar’s tour ‘not political’October 31st, 2011 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 31 (IANS) Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is not touring Uttar Pradesh from Nov 7 with any political motive in mind, his Art of Living Foundation said Monday.
“No ulterior motive or political agenda should be attached to (the) Uttar Pradesh tour,” an Art of Living statement said, referring to the state that goes to the polls next year. “It is a regular satsang-tour.”
It said Ravi Shankar holds around 200-250 such ’satsangs’ a year. On such occasions, he administers oath to people to not give or take bribe and talks about social issues too, the statement said.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh has linked both Ravi Shankar and anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare with the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh. Both have refuted the charge.
- Digvijay targets Sri Sri, renews attack on RSS-BJP - Oct 27, 2011
- Hazare could be BJP's presidential candidate: Congress - Oct 09, 2011
- Digvijay attacks Anna, BJP, Mayawati at one go - Oct 16, 2011
- Art of Living ashram to open in China (Lead) - Oct 21, 2010
- Ramdev ends fast, battlelines remain drawn (Intro Roundup) - Jun 12, 2011
- Congress communalising war against terror: BJP - Jul 18, 2011
- RSS, Digvijay trade barbs over photograph - Jan 06, 2012
- Varanasi is Anna's launch pad for spreading movement - Apr 25, 2011
- Anna 'ungrateful' for denying RSS links, Digvijay tweets - Oct 30, 2011
- Two Team Anna members quit, Bedi denies cracks (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2011
- Your supporters misleading you, Digvijay tells Anna (Roundup) - Oct 11, 2011
- Rift deepens, more might leave Anna core group - Oct 19, 2011
- Gunman fires at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's convoy, one injured - May 31, 2010
- Posters target Modi for Sanjay Joshi exit (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Here comes Sri Sri to Goa - Sep 20, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,