Rashtrapati Bhawan ‘At Home’ indoors if it rains FridayAugust 14th, 2008 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 14 (IANS) The customary reception on Independence Day hosted by President Pratibha Patil at the Rashtrapati Bhawan will be shifted indoors if Thursday’s incessant rain continues Friday, an official said. According to the official, the rain will not be allowed to play spoilsport at the bi-annual At Home that is normally held on the lush green lawns of the Mughal Gardens.
“We will be shifting all the guests (indoors) and the snacks will be served at the Ashoka Hall, the Durbar Hall and the Banquet Hall,” Rashtrapati Bhawan spokesperson Archana Datta told IANS.
More than 4,000 guests - including the Who’s Who of the capital - have been invited for Friday’s reception.
Datta asserted that nothing would come in the way of the reception being held on schedule.
“We have also arranged around 600 umbrellas to escort the guests from the parking lots. The Rashtrapati Bhavan staff will be positioned at all the alighting points to escort the guests inside,” Datta added.
The menu will also be as attractive as ever.
There will be fish Amritsari and chicken tikka for non-vegetarians, while the vegetarians can feast on paneer shashlik, moongdal samosas, vegetable pizzas, plum cake, rajbhog, kala jamun and assorted cookies.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi, senior ministers, bureaucrats and members of the diplomatic corps will be among those who will attend the reception.
- A mouthful of 'tricolour' dishes (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- President hosts Independence Day reception - Aug 15, 2011
- President honours freedom fighters - Aug 09, 2012
- Presidential changeover with 'hazar salam', buggy ride - Jul 21, 2012
- President hosts R'Day reception, Yudhoyono 'At Home' - Jan 26, 2011
- Of mangoes, chaat and chit-chat at minister's dawat - Jul 14, 2012
- Smiles and sulks in 15-minute ceremony - Jan 19, 2011
- Sumptuous menu at UPA's dinner; Mulayam, Lalu on main dais - May 23, 2012
- Politicians, diplomats attend president's At Home reception - Aug 16, 2008
- Patil greets guests 'At Home', Thai PM says Namaste India - Jan 26, 2012
- Special menus in Mumbai hotels for Republic Day - Jan 24, 2012
- President awards Shaurya Chakra to three ITBP officers - Apr 27, 2010
- Rains play spoilsport on Eid in Kerala - Sep 10, 2010
- Pakistanis cook a platter, forge cultural bonds - Apr 15, 2012
- A popular touch to President Pranab's At Home reception - Aug 15, 2012
Tags: assorted cookies, banquet hall, bureaucrats, chicken tikka, congress president sonia gandhi, diplomatic corps, green lawns, incessant rain, manmohan, manmohan singh, mughal gardens, parking lots, plum cake, president pratibha patil, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rashtrapati bhavan, rashtrapati bhawan, shashlik, vegetarians