Ramlila happens every year: KhurshidAugust 9th, 2012 - 6:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) Taking a jibe at Baba Ramdev’s protest at Ramlila Maidan, union Law Minister Salman Khurshid Thursday said that “Ramlila takes place every year”.
“Ramlila takes place every year. Similarly, in a democracy people have different opinions which they display regularly. Since it is happening before the people, they will make a decision,” Khurshid told reporters.
Ramdev Thursday started his protest against black money and corruption.
A controversy was triggered at the venue over a banner showing Ramdev’s close aide Balkrishna, who is in jail in a case related to fraud, along with Mahatma Gandhi and several other prominent persons.
The banner was later removed.
The Congress condemned the banner, saying it is for Ramdev to answer.
“To put the photo of a person against whom fraud case is registered and who is in jail, along with Mahatma Gandhi, Bhagat Singh, Sardar Patel, Subhash Chandra Bose, is condemnable,” said union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal.
- Ramdev returns to Ramlila Maidan for three-day fast (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- Rift mars Anna-Ramdev joint fast against corruption (Third Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Ramdev back at Ramlila ground, on three-day fast (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Ramdev begins anti-graft agitation at Ramlila Maidan - Aug 09, 2012
- Ramdev begins three-day fast, warns of revolution (Third Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Ramdev, Anna hold day-long fast in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Fight for Lokpal not over yet: Ramdev (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Three-day meditation in Gujarat before Delhi agitation: Ramdev - Aug 05, 2012
- Security enhanced at Rajghat amid rumours of Ramdev's arrival (Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Heavy security at Rajghat for Hazare fast - Jun 08, 2011
- 'Mishandling' of Ramdev stir has isolated Congress: analysts - Jun 06, 2011
- Ramdev, Hazare to fast against corruption (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- 'Ramdev not close to RSS' - Apr 13, 2012
- Government, BJP cross swords over verdict on Ramdev rally - Feb 23, 2012
- Government had to act after Ramdev continued fast: Bansal - Jun 12, 2011
Tags: affairs minister, baba ramdev, bansal, bhagat singh, black money, controversy, corruption, democracy, fraud case, mahatma gandhi, maidan, New Delhi, parliamentary affairs, pawan kumar, ramlila, salman, sardar patel, subhash chandra bose, union law minister, venue