Ramdev to hold fast in Delhi from Aug 9July 24th, 2012 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) Having received permission from Delhi Police, yoga guru Baba Ramdev will begin his indefinite fast against corruption and black money stashed abroad from Aug 9 at the Ramlila ground, an aide said.
“We have got the permission from July 25 to Aug 30,” said S.K. Tijarawala, a close aide of Ramdev.
“The fast will begin at Ramlila Maidan from Aug 9 as the ground will be prepared for the gathering till Aug 8,” he added.
According to Tijarawala, huge crowds from Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and other nearby states will pour in the capital on Aug 9.
The government will have to end corruption and bring back all the black money, and if it fails, it will be thrown out of power, said a statement from the yoga guru.
Calling upon his supporters to join him, Ramdev thanked the Delhi Police and the Municipal Corporation of Delhi for the no-objection certificate.
Meanwhile, Team Anna too will sit on an indefinite fast at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar from Wednesday, the day when new president Pranab Mukherjee will be sworn-in.
Hazare said he would join his team members if the government does not agree to bring Jan Lokpal Bill in parliament within four days of the beginning of their indefinite fast.
- Ramlila Maidan all set for Baba Ramdev's agitation - Aug 07, 2012
- Delhi braces for another Ramdev protest - Aug 08, 2012
- Ramdev draws crowds to Team Anna stir, dissents on attacking president (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Anna to reach Delhi July 24, team gears up for agitation (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Ramdev returns to Ramlila Maidan for three-day fast (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- Ramdev, Anna hold day-long fast in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Crowds swell as Ramdev comes to Team Anna's fast site (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Ramdev, Anna to sit on day-long fast in Delhi - Jun 03, 2012
- Ramdev to meet president - Aug 17, 2011
- Rift mars Anna-Ramdev joint fast against corruption (Third Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Three-day meditation in Gujarat before Delhi agitation: Ramdev - Aug 05, 2012
- Ramlila Maidan ready for Ramdev campaign (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Ramdev, Hazare to fast against corruption (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Ramdev aide seeks inquiry into police action - Jun 05, 2011
- Nationwide protests against black money Sunday: Ramdev - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: black money, corruption, delhi police, haryana, huge crowds, jantar mantar, lokpal bill, maidan, municipal corporation of delhi, nearby states, New Delhi, new president, objection certificate, parliament, pranab mukherjee, team members, yoga guru