Ramdev to continue fast, gives deadline to PMAugust 12th, 2012 - 4:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 12 (IANS) Yoga guru Baba Ramdev said he has set a deadline for Sunday evening for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to act on his demands, including the return of black money stashed abroad.
Addressing thousands at Ramlila Maidan here, Ramdev said he was not questioning the personal integrity of the prime minister.
“But if he does not take action by this evening on the legitimate demands of our agitation, then there will be a question mark on his political honesty,” Ramdev told his cheering supporters.
The yoga guru also announced he was continuing his fast. He Thursday began a three-day fast against black money and corruption which ended Saturday evening.
Ramdev said he has written to the prime minister listing his demands, which include bringing back black money stashed in foreign banks, a strong Lokpal Bill and a transparent process in naming heads of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Election Commission.
“I am willing to continue the fast till the time government acts. But we will announce Monday morning when we will end the fast,” Ramdev added.
“My intention is not to defame Congress… Whichever political party is willing to fight against black money and corruption, it can join my agitation,” he said.
- Ramdev to continue fast, gives Monday deadline to PM (lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Baba Ramdev asks PM to act on black money (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2012
- Ramdev asks PM to act on black money (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Our strategy needs to change: Ramdev - Aug 11, 2012
- Rift mars Anna-Ramdev joint fast against corruption (Third Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Congress shielding those with black money abroad, says Ramdev (Second Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- BJP doesn't expect political support from Ramdev: Gadkari - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev ends fast, targets PM; Congress hits back (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Parties back black money issue inside, outside parliament (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev ends fast, targets PM and Congress (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- We are here to battle corruption: Ramdev supporters - Aug 10, 2012
- Hazare's agitation will benefit future generations: Ramdev - Aug 24, 2011
- Ramdev says fast on schedule, rejects ministers' plea (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- NDA leaders call on Ramdev (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Rift mars Ramdev-Anna show, PM targeted over graft inaction (Intro Roundup) - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: agitation, black money, cbi, central bureau of investigation, defame, election commission, foreign banks, government acts, maidan, manmohan, manmohan singh, monday morning, personal integrity, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, question mark, saturday evening, sunday evening, time government, yoga guru