Ramdev supporters detained by policeAugust 13th, 2012 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) Thousands of Baba Ramdev supporters were Monday detained by police while marching towards parliament demanding that black money stashed abroad be brought back to India.
“We have detained the supporters,” a police official told IANS. The supporters had begun walking from Ramlila Ground.
The official said the supporters would be taken to Rajendra Prasad stadium in Bawana in northeast Delhi. “They will be housed there under arrest,” he added.
Ramdev, whose protest against corruption and black money entered the fifth day Monday, had appealed to the government to listen to his demands, failing which they would march to parliament.
Ramdev, who was atop a truck, was coaxing people to march ahead.
- Ramdev detained on way to parliament (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Baba Ramdev detained in Ambedkar Stadium - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Intro Roundup) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Roundup) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Second Intro Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Parties back black money issue inside, outside parliament (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev's movement politically motivated: Sheila Dikshit - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev's march, rain halt traffic in central Delhi - Aug 13, 2012
- Get all on board to get black money back, Mayawati tells UPA - Aug 13, 2012
- NDA leaders call on Ramdev (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- BJP meets president, wants parliament session on Ramdev (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Ramdev to continue fast, gives deadline to PM - Aug 12, 2012
- Parliament disrupted over black money (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- BJP doesn't expect political support from Ramdev: Gadkari - Aug 13, 2012
- BJP to meet president over crackdown on Ramdev - Jun 06, 2011