Ramdev stable, say doctorsJune 10th, 2011 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Dehradun, June 10 (IANS) Fasting yoga guru Baba Ramdev who was hospitalised Friday morning after his condition deteriorated, is stable and recovering, doctors attending on him said. Spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravishankar met Ramdev and urged him to call off his fast that entered the seventh day.
Baba Ramdev was taken to a Dehradun hospital from his ashram on the outskirts of Haridwar Friday morning.
In a health status report, doctors said that Ramdev’s blood pressure, respiration and heart beat were normal. His kidney function was normal, but there was some effect on his liver, said the doctors.
A team of five doctors is taking care of the yoga guru, who has been kept in an isolation ward. Baba Ramdev is on an indefinite fast against corruption and for the retrieval of unaccounted money stashed abroad.
Meanwhile, Sri Sri Ravishankar met Ramdev at the hospital. He told reporters that the yoga guru was in a conscious state and urged him to tell his supporters who are also fasting to take lime water with honey.
“We requested him to end his fast. He said that many people are on fast and told them to take lemon water with honey. He had tears in his eyes and said even children are fasting,” Ravishankar said.
Ramdev Thursday took lemonade and honey on the request of doctors. The yoga guru went on an indefinite fast after being forced to move out of Delhi’s Ramlila Ground a week ago.
- Ramdev being taken to Dehradun hospital (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev taken to Dehradun hospital; fast continues, say aides (Third Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Fasting Ramdev rushed to hospital; health stable (Roundup) - Jun 10, 2011
- Sri Sri to meet Ramdev, urge him to end fast - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev to take lemon juice and honey in evening - Jun 09, 2011
- Ramdev ends five-day fast - Aug 14, 2012
- Hazare criticises government for ignoring Ramdev's condition - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev loses 1.5 kg, doctors say health deteriorating (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Timeline of Ramdev's nine-day fast - Jun 12, 2011
- Ramdev's health deteriorates - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev to have lemon juice, but won't end fast (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Sri Sri to meet Ramdev, hopeful deadlock will end (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev to be discharged Tuesday (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- RSS chief requests Ramdev to end fast - Jun 11, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, battlelines remain drawn (Roundup) - Jun 12, 2011
Tags: ashram, baba ramdev, conscious state, corruption, friday morning, health status report, heart beat, honey, hospitalised, isolation ward, kidney function, lemon water, lemonade, lime water, outskirts, ramlila, respiration, spiritual guru, sri sri ravishankar, yoga guru