Ramdev stable, but feeling weak: DoctorsJune 11th, 2011 - 1:14 pm ICT by IANS
Dehradun, June 11 (IANS) Fasting yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s health condition is stable as he continues to be in a hospital here but he is feeling weak, doctors attending on him said Saturday morning.
“His condition is stable. Last (Friday) night there was a sudden fall in his parameters but it was controlled through treatment. All parameters are under control now,” Dr. Deepak Goyal from Jolly Grant hospital told reporters.
He, however, added that Baba Ramdev is having “problem in sitting and speaking, and he has weakness”.
The doctor said his blood pressure was 110/78 and pulse was recorded 68. “The blood pressure dipped last (Friday) night and reached 80/40.”
Goyal said Ramdev was not in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) but in a VIP ward next to the ICU along with his close aide Acharya Balakrishna.
The doctor said the condition of Balakrishna, who is fasting along with Ramdev, is also stable.
He also clarified that the yoga guru has not taken any food orally so far.
“He is being given a drip of saline glucose and vitamins. He has not taken any food orally,” Goyal said.
Asked about Baba Ramdev being discharged from hospital, the doctor said it could not be decided immediately.
“We cannot decide on his discharge because he is feeling weakness,” Goyal clarified.
He also said that there was no plan to refer him to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi as his condition was stable.
- Fasting Ramdev's condition better, Sri Sri meets him again (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Ramdev stable, say doctors - Jun 10, 2011
- RSS chief requests Ramdev to end fast - Jun 11, 2011
- Ramdev's condition stable, say doctors - Jun 12, 2011
- Injured Ramdev follower's condition critical - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, vows to fight corruption (Second Lead) - Jun 12, 2011
- Woman injured at Ramlila ground still 'very critical' - Jun 27, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, battlelines remain drawn (Roundup) - Jun 12, 2011
- Indian yoga guru on hunger strike taken to hospital - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast on ninth day (Lead) - Jun 12, 2011
- Fasting Ramdev rushed to hospital; health stable (Roundup) - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev discharged from hospital, advised against yoga - Jun 14, 2011
- Ramdev stable, to be discharged Tuesday - Jun 13, 2011
- Ramdev taken to Dehradun hospital; fast continues, say aides (Third Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev says campaign will continue, reaches Haridwar (Third Lead, Changing Dateline) - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: acharya, aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, blood pressure, doctors, dr deepak, drip, friday night, glucose, goyal, grant hospital, health condition, india institute, intensive care unit, last friday, parameters, saline, saturday morning, stable, yoga guru