Ramdev may be force-fedJune 9th, 2011 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
Haridwar, June 9 (IANS) Baba Ramdev may be force-fed if his condition deteriorated further, doctors attending on him said Thursday, the sixth day of the yoga guru’s fast.
“There are symptoms of dehydration in Baba’s body. As of now, we don’t find the need to feed him forcefully, but if his condition worsens, we will do that,” Chief Medical Officer Yogesh Sharma told reporters.
Sharma said Ramdev’s weight had dropped from 60 to 58.5 kg.
“We are requesting him to take liquids…like milk and juices. It will be better if he ends his fast,” Sharma added.
Baba Ramdev sat on a fast June 4 in Delhi’s Ramlila Ground to demand the retrieval of black money stashed abroad by rich Indians. He and his followers were forcibly evicted post midnight, after which he returned to his ashram here to continue the fast.
- Ramdev to have lemon juice, but won't end fast (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Ramdev taken to Dehradun hospital; fast continues, say aides (Third Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev loses 1.5 kg, doctors say health deteriorating (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev stable, say doctors - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev being taken to Dehradun hospital (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev's health deteriorates - Jun 10, 2011
- RSS chief requests Ramdev to end fast - Jun 11, 2011
- Will restart agitation from Haridwar: Ramdev (Third Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Hazare's agitation will benefit future generations: Ramdev - Aug 24, 2011
- Timeline of Ramdev's nine-day fast - Jun 12, 2011
- Fasting Ramdev rushed to hospital; health stable (Roundup) - Jun 10, 2011
- Anti-graft movement will restart from Haridwar: Ramdev - Jun 06, 2011
- Ramdev discharged, vows to fight on (Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, battlelines remain drawn (Intro Roundup) - Jun 12, 2011
- Police blame Ramdev for Ramlila Ground troubles, injuries (Third Lead) - Jun 17, 2011