Ramdev may appeal against apex courtFebruary 26th, 2012 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Feb 26 (IANS) Baba Ramdev is considering an appeal against the Supreme Court judgement that blamed him too for the violent crackdown on his supporters in Delhi’s Ramlila ground last year.
Speaking to reporters Sunday at the end of a day-long fast in protest against corruption, black money and illegal mining, Ramdev said he was set to launch a decisive campaign against corruption in March.
“The court was given edited CCTV footage by police which had misguided the Supreme Court… My legal experts are considering an appeal against the verdict,” Ramdev said.
In June 2011, Delhi Police stormed the Ramlila Maidan in Delhi when thousands of Ramdev’s supporters had gathered there. The crackdown left a woman dead and many injured.
“I am launching another agitation in March. This time it will be an ‘aar paar ki ladhai’,” the yoga guru aid.
Ramdev also said he would soon campaign for election reform, saying that those charged with moral, financial and other crimes should not be allowed to contest elections.
He said in the next parliamentary polls he would be in a position to ensure that the corrupt and those with black money do not win at any cost.
- Ramdev begins anti-graft agitation at Ramlila Maidan - Aug 09, 2012
- Ramdev supporters head home, vow to oppose Congress - Aug 14, 2012
- 'Ramdev not close to RSS' - Apr 13, 2012
- Government does not want to see me alive: Ramdev (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2011
- Apex court pulls up Delhi Police, Ramdev for violence (Roundup) - Feb 23, 2012
- Debate needed on Ramlila crackdown judgment: Advani - Mar 04, 2012
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Intro Roundup) - Aug 13, 2012
- Mayawati seeks apex court probe into police crackdown on Ramdev - Jun 05, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, targets PM; Congress hits back (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Ramdev was asked to leave, started protesting: Delhi Police (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Ramdev announces peaceful march to parliament (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev, Anna hold day-long fast in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Ramlila Maidan ready for Ramdev campaign (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Delhi braces for another Ramdev protest - Aug 08, 2012
- Ramdev, Hazare to fast against corruption (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: agitation, apex, apex court, baba ramdev, black money, corruption, crimes, delhi police, election reform, elections, ki, legal experts, maidan, parliamentary polls, protest, ramlila, supreme court judgement, violent crackdown, yoga guru