Ramdev holds Kamat responsible for Goa’s mining scamDecember 10th, 2011 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Dec 10 (IANS) Baba Ramdev Saturday accused Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat of being responsible for the mega mining scam in the state.
Speaking to reporters here, Ramdev also said if a minister had been looting people for a decade or more anywhere else in India, he would have been beaten up by the people.
“The chief minister who is the mining minister for more than ten years has been allowing this mining loot to happen! And people here are quiet. I am not trying to incite violence here, but had this happened elsewhere, he would have gotten a beating,” Ramdev said.
The yoga guru also said that if required he would go on a hunger strike in Goa ahead of the forthcoming assembly polls, as part of his newly announced agitation against illegal mining, real estate mafia, drug mafia and casino gambling in Goa.
“We will run a campaign against illegal mining before elections. If required, I would sit for hunger strike in Goa against those involved in it,” Ramdev said, adding that his Bharat Swabhiman Trust would issue a blacklist of corrupt legislators, and urge voters not to cast ballot in their favour.
Ramdev is on a two-day visit to Goa as part of his Goa Bachao Sammelan programme.
- Illegal mining will trigger crisis in Goa: NGO - Mar 21, 2011
- Parrikar flip-flop: Says no illegal mining in Goa - Jul 16, 2012
- Officials involved in illegal mining will be hanged: Kamat - Apr 29, 2011
- Protests against mining trucks in Goa - Feb 09, 2011
- Parrikar's mining flip flop angers activists - Jul 17, 2012
- Kamat to present facts on mining scam to Goa Congress - Oct 14, 2011
- Ramdev cannot inspire Goans: Congress - Dec 12, 2011
- Goa Congress likens illegal mining to 'murder on the street' - Jan 23, 2012
- TMC accuses Goa CM's men of burning poll material - Feb 17, 2012
- Goa Bachao group accuses Ramdev of being unethical - Dec 12, 2011
- Will Congress do a Yeddyurappa with Goa's Kamat? (Letter from Goa) - Sep 21, 2011
- Lokayukta to probe sensitive cases after appointment: Parrikar - Apr 30, 2012
- Government to root out Goa mining mafia: Governor (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Goa casinos need regulatory authority: Casino operator - Nov 15, 2011
- (HOLD) Kamat was aware of illegal mining: Shah commission - Sep 08, 2012
Tags: agitation, assembly polls, baba ramdev, casino gambling, chief minister, decade, elections, favour, forthcoming assembly, goa, hunger strike, India, legislators, loot, mafia, real estate, urge, violence, yoga guru