Ramdev fast a political conspiracy: BukhariJune 4th, 2011 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) Criticising yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s fast against corruption as a “political conspiracy”, Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid Syed Ahmed Bukhari Saturday said “communalism is a bigger issue than corruption”.
“People who raise this issue of corruption are also not clean. The issue of communalism is much bigger in the country,” Bukhari told IANS.
“Corruption is a problem, but the communalism is a bigger threat to the country,” he added.
“It is a conspiracy involving by the parties such as Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Congress.
“Congress is trying to woo Ramdev. Muslim population of this country are begging for their rights since last 63 years, but nobody cares,” Bukhari said.
- 'Ramdev not close to RSS' - Apr 13, 2012
- Congress has RSS phobia, says BJP (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Ramdev attack an RSS conspiracy: Digvijay Singh (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Thousands join Ramdev's fast, Congress calls it 'five-star satyagraha' (Evening Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Pranab welcomes Ramdev's decision to withdraw fast - Jun 12, 2011
- Digvijay Singh slams Ramdev's 'five-star satyagraha' - Jun 04, 2011
- RSS workers at Ramlila ground - Jun 04, 2011
- Ramdev's fast a 'five-star satyagraha', says Digvijay Singh (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- BJP, RSS remote-controlling Ramdev: Congress - Jun 04, 2011
- Ramdev threatens to arm supporters, government slams him (Roundup) - Jun 08, 2011
- Crackdown unfortunate, but no alternative: PM on Ramdev (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Delhi Police took decision to evict Ramdev: Chidambaram - Jun 08, 2011
- RSS chief requests Ramdev to end fast - Jun 11, 2011
- Congress to hold rallies to counter opposition charges (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, battlelines remain drawn (Intro Roundup) - Jun 12, 2011